SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally took some time to rearrange the badges on the trunk lid. Personally, I like it but haven't gotten too much positive feedback on it so I would like your votes..

this one's just for fun...

·
Registered
63,542 Posts
Re: Rearranged Badges (The S60R Dream)

Awful!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Re: (volvosince16)

Someone told me that taking them off was easy. Heatgun and some dental floss. is that true?

What about rebonding them?

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Re: (sinisin63)

I just carefully pulled them off then peeled any adhesive off followed with using a claybar and then waxed the area worked great for me.

·
Registered
4,563 Posts

Quote, originally posted by volvosince16 »
I took everything but the Volvo off in the center of the trunk FWIW ,still thinking about taking that off too.

+1

I think that looks the best. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
93 Posts
On the topic of badges, anyone ever try removing the olser-style small centered volvo text at the top of the trunk and replacing with the newer, larger, and spaced out farther lettering? I've been mulling it over ever since my I turned in an '08 S40 loaner with the new badging. I think it looks really great on the new cars?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Re: Rearranged Badges (The S60R Dream)

I'm sure there are people in Gothenburg whose partial job description it is to study font, font size, and placement of badges on the Volvo's they produce...for good reason.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Re: Rearranged Badges (Tiny)

Yeah, it would look much better with the R in its place.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Re: (m3nt0s)

You know after getting towed yesterday, I thought to myself that it'd be a good idea to leave the AWD badge on so at least whoever's towing will see that it's AWD. Probably won't matter in the end but who knows...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Re: Rearranged Badges (draken)

Sorry man, but NO! You might do some change badges around on that Evo in the background, but S60R's have a certain amount of class and sophistication to them and it is not displayed in the placement of your badges here....Please....either put them back or remove them all completely.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Re: (PhilUp)

Quote, originally posted by PhilUp »
You know after getting towed yesterday, I thought to myself that it'd be a good idea to leave the AWD badge on so at least whoever's towing will see that it's AWD. Probably won't matter in the end but who knows...

this is the exact reasons why i advocate for keeping the awd badging. tow truckers and nypd traffic towers can play that ignorance card well.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts

Quote, originally posted by volvosince16 »
I took everything but the Volvo off in the center of the trunk FWIW,still thinking about taking that off too.

+2

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Re: (ClemsonS60R)

No go here either. Sorry.

Did you actually put the model and brand badges +awd on the top of the decklid?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.