SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rear window waher flluid squirter just kind of "belches" some fluid out... no real spray under pressure, no real pattern.

Service department says "they all do that".

Seems kind of pathetic, but I have nothing to compare it to, except for my previous VW products, that spray quite nicely, even our '87 Vanagon.

Can anyone confirm that theirs are pathetic, as well?

Thanks,

Spumwuzzle

·
Registered
323 Posts
i noticed that on a v70 i was driving over the weekend while my s40 was in for a service
no pressure at all but acts like i'm squeezing the life out of it to put some liquid on the screen! nothing even similar to the pressure in the front

·
Registered
75 Posts
Re: Rear wiper squirter just kind of "belches" fluid... and yours? (spumwuzzle)

yeah, on mine too it just kind of dribbles out.

more troubling to me is the rubbing-bumping sound te rear wiper makes almost all the time, whether the wiper is just being used with the squirter or in a downpour.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Re: Rear wiper squirter just kind of "belches" fluid... and yours? (spumwuzzle)

My rear washer was creating a river down the right center of the window and almost nowhere else. I took it to the dealer and they replaced the nozzle. It now has a small stream down the right center but at least the rest of the widow has some spray.

·
Registered
'15.5 Volvo V60 Cross Country
443 Posts
Re: Rear wiper squirter just kind of "belches" fluid... and yours? (BionicHobbit)

On our V50, the rear washer hose was mis-routed and pinched under the rear window inside vinyl sealcausing the vinyl to bulge. Under warranty, Volvo replaced the entire inside vinyl trim piece for the rear window glass (after re-routing the washer hose correctly).

A mis-routed hose could be the problem.....

Rick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.