SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone of these I get tends to break relatively quickly. I've tried to fit better wipers into the arm itself, such as the PIAA silicone ones etc, but they won't fit in the little clip sold in any of the oem or aftermarket wiper arms I've tried. The PIAA one I had ghetto- rigged in there for a while and it fit fine and worked great, but it's not something that would last as the arm itself broke before the wiper wore out.
It'd be fine if the wiper performed decently but no matter which one I try, it leaves streaks on trying it new. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
Volvo

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ditto

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Trico 47-700 7mm break to fit narrow refill blades work. $8 a pair on Amazon.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I only buy OEM rear blades from Tasca.

UPDATE:

Something has happened over at Tasca. Shipping suddenly became what I consider unreasonable. YMMV

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone, I’ll have to add it to my next fcp order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Last one I bought was Professional Parts Sweden and it's been good for a few years now. Just checked and cleaned it yesterday and no sign of cracking or tearing.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Last one I bought was Professional Parts Sweden and it's been good for a few years now. Just checked and cleaned it yesterday and no sign of cracking or tearing.
I’ve been through 2 of them in a year, twice I went to fold it back to rainx the window and it just snapped off lol. Pretty careful with them now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Yes Volvo lol

You will need a set of 05+ wiper arms if you don't already have them. Check ebay or classifieds.

Edit: just realized you said REAR

still get Volvo. The Bosche one I got on amazon was the cheapest and had a big ugly Bosche logo on the plastic and what I did was just swap the blade itself (with a little trimming) and kept the OEM blade housing.

For the older 01-03 blades I believe they were all metal housings and I've done the same thing, just swapped the blade itself after ordering the wrong part.

My 03XC still has the same metal blade housing from when I bought the car 8 years ago lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts