SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
You could drill through the rear window and put the rear wiper engine through that hole ... with a high risk of destryoing the window.

But why would you need a rear wiper?

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
You could drill through the rear window and put the rear wiper engine through that hole ... with a high risk of destryoing the window.

But why would you need a rear wiper?

Because rain gets built up on it and you can't see anything out of it when its raining.

OP, what you can do is put alot of rainex on the rear window. That way water will just glide off. It's not as good as a rear wiper, but it worked for me.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I drove a ford e250 for 14 yrs with no way to see out the back windows. (Fyi, I was a cable guy, not anything else involving a van with painted windows.) I am just used to not needing the rear view. Beyond that I have seen sedans with rear wipers and I always just something was wrong when I looked at the car.
I like the rain x idea.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
136 Posts
Because rain gets built up on it and you can't see anything out of it when its raining.

OP, what you can do is put alot of rainex on the rear window. That way water will just glide off. It's not as good as a rear wiper, but it worked for me.
You are just not driving fast enugh ;)

+1 to rainex

·
Registered
352 Posts

put alot of rainex on the rear window. That way water will just glide off.
+1

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
The first (and only as far as IIRC) was a 1975 Porsche 911
I guess there are some hatchbacks with wipers but I can't think of any sedans with it
Shame, they do work well but after the novelty wears off they usually do look pretty poor on sedans

·
Registered
83 Posts
You don't see it too often. Usually only on coupes with deeply sloped rear windows/hatches. My 3000GT had one.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Evo has one as well as the celica

·
Registered
998 Posts
You are just not driving fast enugh ;)

+1 to rainex
That's right. When you're driving fast enough you won't be bothered with what's coming from behind! :D

In all seriousness, +2 to RainX. I have no visibility issues at all..

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
My neighbour's imported JDM 1997 Subaru WRX STi "version 3" sedan has a rear wiper. Unfortunately the only picture I can find of it has the wiper obscured by the wing, but I'm sure you'll all believe me :p

·
Registered
322 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
If it is something you're seriously interested in I think you could make it work with a universal/hot rod wiper kit. Although I've never come across a universal single wiper kit, you might be able to get one of those single wiper conversion kits to go with it.

·
Banned
3,517 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts