SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Front wipers and washer fluid works. Rear wipers work. No fluid squirts on the rear window.

I assume there is only one pump in a 2006 V50? If so, then the pump is fine. Clogged or disconnected lines? Clogged squirter? Where is the rear tubing routed?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Since no one replies to threads I make, I re-searched the forum and found V70 and older wagon owners that had the same problem. The trouble is, the routing of the tubing and the pump setup is likely different.

I'll try to snoop around, but some direction would be nice.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
The issue is that this doesn't apply to any of us with s40's as we dont have the squirter or wiper blade, just v50 owners. Also, these forums aren't exactly crackin, as in busy, so sometimes it takes a bit.

It seems like straight forward diagnosis though. Start with the fuse, if that's good check that you have power at the pump, if you do, dead pump, if you don't then there is a break in the wiring somewhere. Be sure the pump isn't working at all. A friends car go something clogged in the tank so it seemed like a dead pump, but the tank was clogged. Flushed it and all good.

Oh and I'm willing to bet that there are two pumps in the car. Are there one or two tanks for fluid?

·
Super Moderator
2,989 Posts
I would go through the normal troubleshooting routine of checking the routing of the hose and then see if the nozzle is clogged or disconnected.
Check this link out and see if there anything you can glean from it.
You will have to remove the tailgate liner to check though.
Good luck.
Don't feel bad, this is a specific V50 issue, so I wouldn't expect too many responses since most of us have S40s. Wait for Kyle or other techs, they would probably be of more help to you.

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
First thing to do is to try to spray with the engine not running. If you don't hear the pump from near the front right corner, you know it's a supply issue. If the pump is running, look for a puddle that appears in that area, if yes then you'll know the hose popped off, not uncommon. If those check out, then you should know the hose runs up the right (passenger) side windshield area, and is kind of tacky-glued to the headliner all the way back to the rear of the car, where it emerges from the roof to snake into the tailgate. From there it connects to the sprayer, which, yes, can clog.

That's pretty much it!

·
Registered
547 Posts
There is only one tank for both front and rear in the v50. Not sure about number of pumps. Guessing 2 pumps since rear is controlled from a completely separate switch.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There was another busted one-way valve that I sorted out. Thanks for the tips guys.

I think it is one pump in the 2006 V50 that can operate in two directions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts