SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2018 XC90 T6 AWD
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rear windshield washer port is extruding a white, milky substance in no particular timeframe. Service has witnessed multiple whitish, dry, crusty streams (6 in number at service
visit) on the rear window and has cleaned the washer port. It has occurred AGAIN!
Does anyone have a similar problem? Any ideas regarding the cause and a possible remedy? My vehicle is a 2018 XC90 T6.
Thanks!

·
Registered
417 Posts
I have a V90 but this happens to me most of the time. I've tried different fluids. It's only the rear and it's almost like it's turned into a frothy milk shake like texture. My only guess is somehow its the pump adding air somehow. It's not the end of the world but annoying.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
159 Posts
For my 2018 XC60, the white milky substance has happened to me a few times for the rear washer. BUT, currently, no fluid is reaching my rear window! My front wash fluid has always functioned normally, and still does.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am getting white salt like deposits on both the front and rear screen after using the screen wash. Very annoying after car has been valeted! This is a 6 week old XC60 T5. I’m hoping the problem will go away in time but maybe not...

·
Registered
417 Posts
I've 'flushed' with several gallons of water and washer fluid and it still comes back. It seems this occurs on many of the SPA models so may be caused by some common design 'feature'? I still suspect it's frothing from air somehow into the rear washer system. Dealer wasn't very helpful and I haven't bothered to push the issue until my next scheduled trip for maintenance.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 XC90 T6 AWD
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks! I've read the entire thread and one would think that the Dealer would be aware of this continued problem since it started in 2016. I will return to service with this information on how to remedy the Volvo 'Rear Washer Premature Evacuation' issue!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Thanks! I've read the entire thread and one would think that the Dealer would be aware of this continued problem since it started in 2016. I will return to service with this information on how to remedy the Volvo 'Rear Washer Premature Evacuation' issue!!
By the way, this happened frequently with my 2016 and my 2017 XC90 (first was a lemon) - in my experience, it looks milky when dried, but is essentially that the washer fluid is dripping and drying on the window. They replaced a variety of parts on it and eventually it happened less frequently (like every 2-3 months) - it involved at least 2-3 service visits. Wish I could remember the actual parts that needed to be replaced for ya, but it has been a while.

·
Registered
88 Posts
By the way, this happened frequently with my 2016 and my 2017 XC90 (first was a lemon) - in my experience, it looks milky when dried, but is essentially that the washer fluid is dripping and drying on the window. They replaced a variety of parts on it and eventually it happened less frequently (like every 2-3 months) - it involved at least 2-3 service visits. Wish I could remember the actual parts that needed to be replaced for ya, but it has been a while.
IIRC, one or two check valves were in the fix.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts