SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that a P2 requires programming to change the piece of crap mirrors that Volvo used in their cars. Can you change a 2008 XC70 3.2 by simply unplugging the old one and plugging up the exact same mirror as you had? Thank you.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I replaced my passenger side (previous owner smacked something with it) with a used one from Erie Vovo. No programming, but did need to remove the door panel to access. Mine is 08 but does not have BLIS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know you can replace the side mirror but some Volvos have security system parts in the rear view. The P2 will not run if you change the mirror without reprogramming it to the car by downloading the old mirror and uploading to the new one. I am trying to determine if the P3 can simply be unplugged and changed or have they continued the insanity plus continue to use the worse electromagnetic mirror manufacturer in the industry by far.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a 2008 Volvo S60 and a 2008 Volvo XC70 and both have failed and the mirror looks terrible and is separating inside the glass.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey. I did that in my '09 V70. Someone smashed my mirror to pieces. Worst bit it had BLIS camera in it. Volvo dealer wanted £680 (without labour).
I've found one that looked like the one I had at my local Volvo breaker for £170 and decided to take a risk. And It was worth it. It works without any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
251 Posts
The exterior (and interior) mirrors doesn't have any security features that I have noticed.

I've changed mine to folding ones externally and auto dimming with compass (frameless facelift) without any issue. Only thing I had to do was load software for the menu option to be able to have the mirrors auto fold when locking.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I appreciate your feedback and letting me know that I can replace my mirror without programming like my P2 would require. I still wish that Volvo would see the error of the supplier that they pick for mirrors. Worst quality and failure rate I have ever seen on any vehicle and I have had electromagnetic mirrors on a lot of cars with zero separation issues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts