SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to tighten up the interior rear view mirror of the 122? Mine has some sort of putty in it to make it move slowly but it vibrates slowly out of alignment. There must be some better way of installing it. Thanks in advance.

Rodger:)

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Does anyone know how to tighten up the interior rear view mirror of the 122? Mine has some sort of putty in it to make it move slowly but it vibrates slowly out of alignment. There must be some better way of installing it. Thanks in advance.

Rodger:)
Here is funky but original 122 IRVM...

http://vandors.com/Pics/Parts/122mirror.jpg

...which shows the two tension screws on the back.

Temporarily remove the mirror from the headliner band then remove the tension screws and plate.

Clean out all the "putty" then gently reshape the tension plate to cause more bite on the ball joint.

When re-assembling avoid over-tightening the two tension plate screws as this will re-distort the plate.

Remount the mirror to the headliner band (no gasket).

Note that the mirror will "spin" on the ball joint with the USD position providing a different view out the back window.

George Dill

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm..Mine is a little different. It looks the same up until the top but instead of being a solid piece which connects it to the roof it has a second swivel point where the mirror and arm can go back and forth on another ball. That is the one that is loose. I should take a picture when i get around to putting in the windshield. I will have a look at it and compare your picture some more.

Thanks, Rodger

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.