SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seeing conflicting info on supplier's sites about the correct part #'s for the rear upper control arm and lateral link (aka "tie rod" or "stay" or "rear lower front control arm") for my 2005 T5 AWD M66. For the rear upper control arm I am seeing 31201356 vs. 30681512. For the lateral links I am seeing 30666072 vs. 30683067. Anyone know which are correct for my car? Are they interchangeable? I'm aware that the rear upper control arm was redesigned to adjust the camber. Maybe that's where some of the part number confusion comes from? I've looked at 4 different sites (usual ones, including Volvo dealers) and cannot find consistency.

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
You should call. Tasca Volvo Parts is quite helpful, as are many dealers.

The online parts stores all use third-party databases, which have errors and also don't always track the latest parts substitutions. Many of them ask for your full VIN, which they actually do use to sanity-check the applicability. I've had Tasca contact me more than once with questions/suggestions on an order I made from the catalog.

·
Registered
437 Posts
31201356 is the updated OEM arm that reduces camber from the initial design by .7 degrees. These are really expensive, though. Like $150 per arm or something ridiculous.

I would highly suggest getting the aftermarket adjustable arms. They are $50 for the *pair*. I just installed mine. Dialed mine in to about -1.0 degrees to approximately match the front (lowered).
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Adjustable...243056&hash=item5687e3d019:g:DWgAAOSwn4FdHQXd

·
Registered
301 Posts
+1 to the above. I paid around $60 months ago for a generic boxed K100002 (real moog? who knows) pair which has served me well. If you're in there anyway definitely switch for an adjustable set to save yourself headache later on - resolving the excessive camber these cars can develop via adjustment rather than part replacement.

·
Registered
426 Posts
31201356 is the updated OEM arm that reduces camber from the initial design by .7 degrees. These are really expensive, though. Like $150 per arm or something ridiculous.

I would highly suggest getting the aftermarket adjustable arms. They are $50 for the pair. I just installed mine. Dialed mine in to about -1.0 degrees to approximately match the front (lowered).
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Adjustable-Control-Arm-Rear-Upper-Kit-Pair-Set-of-2-for-Ford-Mazda-Volvo-New/371647041561?fits=Model:S40|Make:Volvo&epid=593243056&hash=item5687e3d019:g:DWgAAOSwn4FdHQXd
@walky_talky20

How are the adjustable control arms holding up?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts