SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks:
Last time my '06 2wd s60 2.5T (light pressure turbo) was at the dealer they said that the "rear trailing arm bushings" should be replaced and quoted me an astronomical amount. For the life of me, I cannot figure out what they are talking about. I believe I am caught up in a terminology mix up. In When I go to the factory Volvo parts diagram for the car, I do not find--"rear trailing arms" and therefore don't find any bushings. When I search on some Volvo parts websites, I do find reference to "trailing arms" but none of the bushings listed fit my car.

Can someone please clarify this, and perhaps provide some part numbers? Thanks in advance to all responses.

Bob

·
Registered
52 Posts
Im pretty sure they mean rear control arm bushings, in that case its easier to replace the rear control arms whole and not replace the bushings. They are cheap like 100-150 for a set (both sides). You can replace them by yourself with a jack and some basic tools in under like 2 hours max. Tons of videos aswell.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would go to fcpeuro or carparts.com or ebay for it. I just got 2 front control arms with bushings for 100 shipped. Rears should be about the same.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
The trailing arms are the ones thAt are forward of the hub (part #13). Dumb name for a part that leads instead of trails as far as I’m concerned. The bushing that typically fails is the one in the subframe at the front end of that arm. It fits into bolt #14. I’m about to put a video together on how to change then but I regret to say that it involves lowering subframe.

2002 V70XC, 2003 V40, 2004 S60, 2010 V70

1 - 5 of 5 Posts