SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at installing the Rear IPD Sway Bar on my R. The IPD site says 4 hours. Is that accurate for a first time install? Are there any hidden issue I should be on the lookout for? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Nah, first time around my buddy and I did his in 2.5 hours, the following weekend we did mine and knocked it out in under 2 hours, like 1.5 including clean up. :)

No real hidden issues, its pretty straight forward, take your time and wiggle it out of there. Install was a lot easier than removal!

·
6,436 Posts
My friend and I did rear sways on his and my ride in the span of 3 hours. What you need to do is:
- jack up the rear of the car; remove both wheels
- unbolt the rear driver's side shock from the BOTTOM ONLY (no need to loosen up the top)
- While someone pushes the loosened shock towards the front of the car, you can wiggle the bar out.
- The install is exactly the same but in reverse.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
If you don't want to remove the shock the other option is to disconnect the toe bar at the center most point on the subframe. As long as you mark the position against the subframe it all goes back together properly.

·
Registered
633 Posts
My friend and I did rear sways on his and my ride in the span of 3 hours. What you need to do is:
- jack up the rear of the car; remove both wheels
- unbolt the rear driver's side shock from the BOTTOM ONLY (no need to loosen up the top)
- While someone pushes the loosened shock towards the front of the car, you can wiggle the bar out.
- The install is exactly the same but in reverse.

Good luck!
what exhaust is that??

·
Registered
876 Posts

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
My associate's identity will remain hidden and will not be named at this time!

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
My associate's identity will remain hidden and will not be named at this time!
the hint is the R with the VST... lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts