SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a C30 this past March and have done a handful of maintenance items to it. Timing belt, water pump, pcv(oil filter thingy) valve and a few other preventive maintenance things.

My current issue is that of a rear suspension sound. I get a single knock sound out of the left rear corner when I'm turning right. The left rear is under tension with this is happening. Does anyone have any experience with this and give me a potential direction? I'm planning on bringing it in later in the week to the mechanic, just wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem.

Other random fact, I had to replace the right CV axle because it was too short and would not hold transmission fluid because it was too short. Has anyone else experience that as a used car owner?

2011 Volvo C30 T5 R-Design - Manual Transmission.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Broken coil spring? Swaybar endlink? Springs, shocks and endlinks are really the only items that fall under 'normal wear'. Springs shouldn't be included, but they do snap coils.

Pic of the axle? Typically they can pop out because the inner retainer ring is incorrect or used. Never heard of one being too short per se.

·
Registered
231 Posts
My C30 had severely degraded end link bushings which made it clunk when turning as you described. I used it as an excuse to replace it with an ipd rear bar kit and called it a day.

2007 V70R Ti Grey Nordkap GT, 2008 C30R-Design Black M66

1 - 5 of 5 Posts