SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed a "knocking" sound coming from the rear?
I sometimes hear it backing out of my driveway and then driving down the street and low speeds.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I get knock only during cold mornings. when i sit in my car for the first time on a morning, theres a knock, just one. And it never occurs again the rest of the day.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Same here, one split-second knock in the morning when backing out then nothing. Our RX does the same thing. I've been told that on that car, it's something to do with the AWD system - I'd guess it's similar on the S60.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm getting infrequent knocks from the rear, but for the last several weeks I'm getting them from the front, quite frequently. This afternoon a Volvo tech and I will be going for a ride.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replys.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
There is a tech note or fix for the rear bushings to fix the noise. The Tech at my dealer was telling me this during my last visit and how Volvo knows about the issue, but has the dealer modify the rear bushing to stop making the noise. Take it to the dealer and complain.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is a tech note or fix for the rear bushings to fix the noise. The Tech at my dealer was telling me this during my last visit and how Volvo knows about the issue, but has the dealer modify the rear bushing to stop making the noise. Take it to the dealer and complain.
Can anyone provide the Tech note # for this?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
2013 VOLVO S60 Technical Service Bulletin 2012/11/28 NHTSA #: 10047942
Service Bulletin #: TJ-25336
SUSPENSION:REAR: VOLVO: UNSTABLE REAR SUSPENSION, PULL OR DRIFT DUE TO INCORRECT WHEEL ALIGNMENT OR REAR WHEEL CAMBER ANGLE OR ON UNEVEN ROAD WOULD HAVE CLUNKING OR KNOCKING NOISE FROM REAR SUSPENSION DUE FRONT BUSHING, IN REAR LONGITUDINAL STAY, FAILED. M

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2013 VOLVO S60 Technical Service Bulletin 2012/11/28 NHTSA #: 10047942
Service Bulletin #: TJ-25336
SUSPENSION:REAR: VOLVO: UNSTABLE REAR SUSPENSION, PULL OR DRIFT DUE TO INCORRECT WHEEL ALIGNMENT OR REAR WHEEL CAMBER ANGLE OR ON UNEVEN ROAD WOULD HAVE CLUNKING OR KNOCKING NOISE FROM REAR SUSPENSION DUE FRONT BUSHING, IN REAR LONGITUDINAL STAY, FAILED. M
Thanks!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UPDATE.

The (LH) rear shock was replaced. Fixed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts