SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Seeing as my entire front suspension is relatively young, I was wondering what parts/bushings should be replaced as the R ages to maintain the rear suspension. I'm at 116K now and haven't really done much to the rear aside from endlinks and struts.

·
3,899 Posts
I do struts, top hats (Correct term?), boots and of course bump stops. Maybe oem bolts if they appear bad at all, just because I'm ocd. One thing I would recommend are IPD's adjustable camber bushings. I figure as the suspension gets older and lowers, I can adjust camber appropriately. Tire's are much more expensive to replace when worn fast... good little money saver, plus helps keep side hop down.

·
6,436 Posts
Check out my build thread...one of the pages includes a breakdown of every suspension component I replaced.
I pretty much replaced everything in the rear.

I REGRET IT NOW ... should have gone with KW

·
3,899 Posts
I bet most of the bushings are thrashed at this point.
Thinking about it now, my front arms were destroyed. Your probably better off replacing the arms an all. It will make installation easier for sure. Plus bushings are way more of a pain then a whole new unit.

The who northeast really just needs to change out parts completely being how bad the roads are... 95 is AWFUL.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Thinking about it now, my front arms were destroyed. Your probably better off replacing the arms an all. It will make installation easier for sure. Plus bushings are way more of a pain then a whole new unit.

The who northeast really just needs to change out parts completely being how bad the roads are... 95 is AWFUL.
Yep. It's front LCAs and spring seats like every 80k here in CT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts