SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still a mystery to me that this family oriented crossover still doesn't come with built in sunshades in the rear. Or even an option to purchase fitted ones as an accessory.

My little ones like to nap on long trips, I have aftermarket tints but it'd be great to have the Window fully blacked out. Anyone have any elegant solutions for this?

I've tried sun blockers off Amazon that cling onto the glass, but they leave gaps since none are designed for the exact shape of our rears. Plus they're a pain to put on while the vehicle is in motion.

·
Registered
XC90 T6 Inscription MY17
292 Posts
My 2017 XC90 T6 Inscription has the from factory for the rear door's windows, and I also found this OEM Rear Door Shades from Volvo as an accessory for the XC90.

But, indeed, did not find it for the XC60...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Still a mystery to me that this family oriented crossover still doesn't come with built in sunshades in the rear. Or even an option to purchase fitted ones as an accessory.

My little ones like to nap on long trips, I have aftermarket tints but it'd be great to have the Window fully blacked out. Anyone have any elegant solutions for this?

I've tried sun blockers off Amazon that cling onto the glass, but they leave gaps since none are designed for the exact shape of our rears. Plus they're a pain to put on while the vehicle is in motion.

·
Registered
2018 Volvo XC60
29 Posts
Take a look at these. They seem to be a universal fit product. They're from Amazon so you can always return them if they don't work out.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Take a look at these. They seem to be a universal fit product. They're from Amazon so you can always return them if they don't work out.
Universal models you have everywhere to buy
This is not a practical solution for the Volvo XC60

·
Registered
4 Posts
How easy are these to install? Looks like instead of pulling them up you'd just slap them on and they stay on using magnetic force? How's the visibility out the window?
very easy to install.They flex and snap in. There are small clips that hold them in place. They block a lot so visibility is not great. My older one (8) will take it down if he prefers to see outside instead of blocking the sun.

·
Registered
160 Posts

Hi all, here is a solution for rear shades that I found. I bought these from England (sent to Australia) for what I thought was a reasonable price. The link below will take you to some videos and the fitting instructions. Hope it helps!

Reactions: Coasterwiggs
1 - 12 of 12 Posts