SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently bought BC Racing BR coilovers for my 07 SR and I installed the fronts with ease, but I attempted to do the rear struts and I gave up pretty quick I'm just gonna say f**k it and pay a shop to do it. BUT upon inspection, my right rear strut is MISSING the bolt that holds the bottom of the strut onto the shaft. So needless to say this makes me pretty damn nervous to drive the car around knowing the bottom of the strut could pop off while I'm driving.

So, anyone know where I can find that bolt ASAP??? I've been searching but I am having a lot of trouble locating the part online. On FCP Euro there's some "suspension bolts" but no further explanation. If anything does anyone know what size thread the bolt might be so I can stop at the hardware store and toss something in there for the time being? any help will be much appreciated!!!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
If you have vida look at the part diagrams if not then use volvopartswebstore and get the part number and then Google it. Some websites will actually post the bolt specs in the description. I've had luck with that in the past. Otherwise you'd probably be fine to drive it the short way to the shop. If it's been like that for a while and hasn't popped off there's a good chance that the strut mount in the bottom is seized to that mounting pin on the lower control arm. Mine was like that and when removing them recently I had to cut them off with an angle grinder cuz that ****er was STUCK.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you have vida look at the part diagrams if not then use volvopartswebstore and get the part number and then Google it. Some websites will actually post the bolt specs in the description. I've had luck with that in the past. Otherwise you'd probably be fine to drive it the short way to the shop. If it's been like that for a while and hasn't popped off there's a good chance that the strut mount in the bottom is seized to that mounting pin on the lower control arm. Mine was like that and when removing them recently I had to cut them off with an angle grinder cuz that ****er was STUCK.

I don't have VIDA yet i plan on getting it soon but holly sh*t Volvopartswebstore is a godsend thank you so much for directing me this way i never knew that site even existed!!! :eek:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I don't have VIDA yet i plan on getting it soon but holly sh*t Volvopartswebstore is a godsend thank you so much for directing me this way i never knew that site even existed!!! :eek:
Yep, sometimes it can be a bit tricky to find the right diagram and some have duplicates with subtle differences which is why I prefer VIDA. Everyone preaches about it and it's sort of confusing trying to get the right one and get it set up but once you have it reliably working and know your way around the interface it's unfathomable to go back to not having it.
The bolt is 989035 I couldn't find a site that specifies the thread size though.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
How close is the nearest dealership? As previously mentioned, just enter your car specs on volvopartswebstore.com and navigate to suspension and find bolt and part #. Then just order it from there or call your local dealer. Bolt will be there next morning. Or just head to the closest pick-your-own wreckyard and grab on from another P2. I think those bolts are same across non r’s and r’s.

2002 V70XC, 2003 V40, 2004 S60, 2010 V70

1 - 5 of 5 Posts