SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys.

I have been fighting trying to get the rear 4C connectors actually connected for the past couple of days. On the driver side, I can get it in but can't get it to click. Thinking about saying **** it and put a zip tie on it.

On the passenger side, I can't even get it the hole because it is so far back. Any recommendations or tricks? Any way to get an extra inch or half inch without dropping the sub frame.

Pretty much at my wits end...I feel like a monkey using tools for the first time.

Thanks.

·
2,521 Posts
Cut the plugs and solder it or solder new connections

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now that I am having all this trouble. I should have cut and spliced the wires where it was accessible, but now that the clips are free....no longer an option.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
It takes a lot of effort but it's doable. Zip tie the connector to the subframe and use pliers to shove it in.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Use hand-shakes with heat shrink wrap over the connection. DO NOT use electrical tape. That way in the future, you simply cut the shrink wrap off and disconnect the handshakes. No fuss and maintains the integrity of the wiring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Use hand-shakes with heat shrink wrap over the connection. DO NOT use electrical tape. That way in the future, you simply cut the shrink wrap off and disconnect the handshakes. No fuss and maintains the integrity of the wiring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes^

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally got it after I took my head out of my ass.

Driver side: had a bit of the rubber on the car side of the connection rolled over which was preventing the full connection. I borrowed a friends boroscope to get a better view. I used a very small screw driver to get it back into place. Heard the snap so we are good to go.

Passenger side: Although I undid the connection from the wheel well using a small screw driver and a lot of luck, I realized that I could also get access between the gas tank and the subframe. I was able to get it snapped and secure it back on the stud.

My recommendation for others with normal sized hands is to either pay a neighbor kid to help or cut and splice. Thanks for the help!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts