SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm picking one of these up from Maine next month, but the guy said it doesnt "lift up and stay up to the ceiling on its own", and it needs new hydraulic attachments. I didn't even know these lifted up to the ceiling, is there a PN on those hydraulic attachments so I can pick them up before I grab the gate or did Volvo discontinue that?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Try to access this link. It might be what you're looking for:
https://usparts.volvocars.com/p/Volvo__/Gas-spring/42848619/9481274.html
There are two part numbers that correspond to different colors I believe. There might even be a different part number for different model years.
We had a 2004 V70 with this accessory and indeed, the grate's upper part fits into openings in the outside of the ceiling and the grate folds down behind the second row seats. The springs allow you to lift it up to the ceiling out of the way when not in use. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try to access this link. It might be what you're looking for:
https://usparts.volvocars.com/p/Volvo__/Gas-spring/42848619/9481274.html
There are two part numbers that correspond to different colors I believe. There might even be a different part number for different model years.
We had a 2004 V70 with this accessory and indeed, the grate's upper part fits into openings in the outside of the ceiling and the grate folds down behind the second row seats. The springs allow you to lift it up to the ceiling out of the way when not in use. Hope this helps.
I think that's it. Looks the same as the part on the gate. Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
419 Posts
I'm picking one of these up from Maine next month, but the guy said it doesnt "lift up and stay up to the ceiling on its own", and it needs new hydraulic attachments. I didn't even know these lifted up to the ceiling, is there a PN on those hydraulic attachments so I can pick them up before I grab the gate or did Volvo discontinue that?
I'd save my $$ on those struts- I've driven 400K km with the "Cargo Barrier"/dog grate down in my Volvo wagons, and have never really understood the need for the struts (the 745/945 part has no provision for struts). But YMMV... and, yes, the struts are colour-coded for the P2s.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd save my $$ on those struts- I've driven 400K km with the "Cargo Barrier"/dog grate down in my Volvo wagons, and have never really understood the need for the struts (the 745/945 part has no provision for struts). But YMMV... and, yes, the struts are colour-coded for the P2s.
Was gunna keep it as a "prospective future part" that I might buy, especially at that price, 2 are about what I'd be paying for the gate itself lol. Already have the cargo net, but I've had small dogs in the back and they didn't really care about that thing at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts