SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Rear spoiler option. Please vote!

5K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  05T5 
#1 ·
See less See more
#6 ·
Re: Rear spoiler option. Please vote! (lando_pr)

They make the Evolve Look Better By Thickening Up the Tail Light Housing to Match. Look Very Closely @ the Install Instructions also as One Might Need to have Holes Drilled in Your Car's Body ! http://********************/smile/emthdown.gif

#7 ·

If there was a way to get that MS design style spoiler without spending bank on shipping and the exchange rate id be all over it

#8 ·
Re: Rear spoiler option. Please vote! (ForceFed Motorsports)

I think it really depends on what you are going for with your car...I think both can look equally good as long as everything else is in tune with it.

#10 ·
Re: Rear spoiler option. Please vote! (slowvo)

Quote, originally posted by slowvo »
i think you should get the biggest wing you can.... thats what all the hondas are doing haha

Maybe in early 2000 2001, that ricer style has long since past except for the occasional high school student lol.

#14 ·
Re: Rear spoiler option. Please vote! (carreragt7)

Quote, originally posted by carreragt7 »
I think it really depends on what you are going for with your car...I think both can look equally good as long as everything else is in tune with it.

I am going with the oem body kit and atreus wheels.

#16 ·
I had one of those ebay lip spoilers on my A4 and loved it! Paint match was awesome and it was just enough to set off the back. Not too big. For what it's worth...

#17 ·
Re: (SirSteak)

Quote, originally posted by SirSteak »
I have the MS designs rear spoiler which i can attest is much higher quality than most others I've encountered. but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Yeah your car is clean, and the spoiler is very nice. But thats true everyone seems to like the evolve spoiler yet i think its too big of a lip spoiler without their little tail light covers to tame it down.

#18 ·
Re: (ForceFed Motorsports)

I voted for the Rhr tuning lip spoiler.

Quote, originally posted by ForceFed Motorsports »

Yeah your car is clean, and the spoiler is very nice. But thats true everyone seems to like the evolve spoiler yet i think its too big of a lip spoiler without their little tail light covers to tame it down.

+1

OFF TOPIC:
But even with the tail light covers it's still too big IMO. And that's if you can get the tail light covers to fit. I have a set and the got no where even close to fitting my S40. If all the lines matched up it still sits a good 1/8th of an inch off the surface stoping it from being flush with the body. Do what either myself (Paint) or Carreragt7 (vinyl) to make the tail light trim sit right.

#19 ·
Re: (mad matt)

Well, I got my hands on the Evolve spoiler. I appreciate your feedback. I really do. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif I don't know if you guys with the Evolve got the same thing as I did but, I swear that spoiler looks like it's not even finished yet. The casting is so rough. Need a lot, and I mean a lot of sanding and prepping. My friend got the Evolve side skirts and rear bumper and had to modify a lot too.

I'm starting a new thread for this. Please refer to:
http://forums.swedespeed.com/z...id=54

Modified by lando_pr at 4:22 AM 7-15-2009

#20 ·

I met up with member "05T5" to pick up his oval exhaust tips and took some pictures of our cars side by side. "05T5" lip spoiler is HOT!!

#21 ·
Re: Rear spoiler option. Please vote! (Volvo Fly Girl)

Hey thanks, that is the MS Design one. BTW nice pictures, I got to get me an iPhone.

I was great to meet you, I will let you know hopefully by the weekend about the grill, being a bit busy this past few days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.