SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering what size spacers people have gotten for the rear wheels. Any pics would be helpful in deciding which ones I should get for the look I want. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
15mm will give you that perfect flush look but if you are lowered or have wieight in the back you will get rubbing. I will be rolling my fenders front and rear running 5mm up front and 10mm in the back running Yokohoma Advans 245/45/17s on my Team Dynamics 1.2s... Should be a good setup. Anyways good luck.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is 20mm too much for the rear wheels? Any more pics from people?

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Is 20mm too much for the rear wheels? Any more pics from people?
too much? maybe, maybe not but I wouldn't run anything bigger then a 15mm in the rear or it will rub and there is the question of safety with a spacer that big.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts

5mm front / 10mm rear (should of went 15mm but oh well)
Don't mind my car, its dirty and its 48 degrees outside :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
too much? maybe, maybe not but I wouldn't run anything bigger then a 15mm in the rear or it will rub and there is the question of safety with a spacer that big.
safety? As long as it's hubcentric and a quality made spacer made of billet aluminum, should be no different than low offset wheels. I've had 32mm spacers on my old 740, and they were solid. No issues.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
safety? As long as it's hubcentric and a quality made spacer made of billet aluminum, should be no different than low offset wheels. I've had 32mm spacers on my old 740, and they were solid. No issues.
Ok. I just wouldn't be buying a 20mm spacer off ebay for $10 is all I'm saying :D

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Think I'll go 10mm/15mm.

I'm using this website novustech.ca

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
When I had 15mm on the rear with my Ronals it was absolutely flush. They have an offset of 42 vs 46 for a peg, so I imagine 18-19mm spacer with pegs will get you flush. If you're lowered, you will probably rub though and need to roll the fenders.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
I would recommend sending an e-mail or calling novustech before you order to check if they have the spacers in stock.

I placed an order for 15 mm spacers with novustech in June. Shortly after I ordered novustech contacted me and told me that they wouldn't have the spacers in stock until the first week of August. I told them that wasn't a problem and I would just wait until then. In mid-August I contacted them and asked them if the spacers were back in stock and/or when I could expect to receive the spacers I had ordered. They told me they didn't know when they would get the spacers back in stock and they gave me a refund.

Novustech gave me the refund without any problems and promised to e-mail when (if) they get the spacers back in stock.

Cheers,

Jeff

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jeff, any chance you would know what lugs i need to get from them with the 15mm spacers?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Think I'll go 10mm/15mm.

Im using novustech as well. Good quality and great prices. I agree, call ahead before u order. However i got in touch with them last week and they do have some but i only inquired about 20mm.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Don't mind my car, its dirty and its 48 degrees outside :D
Threadjacking a bit... I've learned I can hand wash and dry my car down to about 20 degrees F before the water freezes too quickly. My trick: use the wax rinse as much as possible; it seems to be warmer that the soapy or rinse water. I also keep my car running in the self serve bay with the climate control temp on hot and fan on high blowing through the dash vents. After washing with warm bucket of soapy water, I first dry the fenders and front/rear bumper covers. The engine keeps the hood from freezing, and the interior fan keeps the other panels (roof, doors, quarter panels, tailgate) and glass from freezing so fast. They I drive home (approx 3 miles), pull in my heated garage, and dry the door jambs.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts