1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but that's a different skirt, it looks like it's meant to mimic the stock R kit from the S60's. But to your point, you say on my 06' I can simply remove the bottom half and replace it with the skirt I'm interested in?

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
No idea what the quality is from RealCar.se. If that's the design you like, then you're really on your own to really try out. The costs to ship from Sweden should be exorbitant to say the least.

Yes, the 05-07s are a removable tabbed rear valance.

The image below is from an S60R, but the design of the 2 bumpers are exactly the same(except that the V70 is physically longer and slightly wider)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No idea what the quality is from RealCar.se. If that's the design you like, then you're really on your own to really try out. The costs to ship from Sweden should be exorbitant to say the least.

Yes, the 05-07s are a removable tabbed rear valance.

The image below is from an S60R, but the design of the 2 bumpers are exactly the same(except that the V70 is physically longer and slightly wider)

Great thanks...now I'm curious as to why, if the 06'-07's have a removable lower half that the skirt I'm interested in states that its specific for up to 2005...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I have never seen a mimic rear valence until now. Does anyone know of they make one for the 04 version? And are the rear valence same between VR and SR?

From my electronic gismo- Galaxy S6

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Great thanks...now I'm curious as to why, if the 06'-07's have a removable lower half that the skirt I'm interested in states that its specific for up to 2005...

Design change between the 01-04 bumper design and the 05-08 design with the refreshed fully painted version...
Don't know the exact reasons why, but I assume it's for a cosmetic improvements at the time. The 2005-2007 (2009 theoretically, since the s60 still rolled off the produciton line, just not the R) have a more squarer look that protrudes a bit further out than the 2001-2004 design. The removable aspect is basically for cost savings, so that the pieces are completely modular and can be used to fit different models with different exhaust exits (yes, this is the only reason), whether it's the base model, s60 T5 Sport kit, S60R, or the S60R with body kit.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
I have never seen a mimic rear valence until now. Does anyone know of they make one for the 04 version? And are the rear valence same between VR and SR?

<strike>I haven't seen an 2001-2004 version of the rear Valance apron replica unfortunately, and I think I know why. Most of the replicas are fiberglass, which is why the price is so cheap( once there's a mold, it's very easy to replicate, and it's cost efficient) , which is a more rigid material with little flex. The rear apron design for the 2001-2004 add-on OEM part is plastic formed piece that is very flexible and basically wraps right on top of the stock bumper cover. Fiberglass wouldn't be flexible enough to be pillable to clip ontop of and if it's done in Fiberglass needs to be insanely accurate on the mold, and even the solidifying process. Too warm or cold or simply not long enough, the shape won't be perfect and you'll get serious fitment issues.</strike>

Edit: I found this http://www.ebay.ca/itm/VOLVO-S60-RE...=item23426a0e52:g:V~oAAOSwY45UN5dc&rmvSB=true Not sure about fitment, try at your own risk, fortunately this is quite affordable with nothing to lose imho.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I see I guess I'm going oem haha. Thanks man

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So most likely for a good fit, I'd need an 04' bumper cover to start with...

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
So most likely for a good fit, I'd need an 04' bumper cover to start with...

Yeah that would be the only way to go if you want the Realcar.se Iridium design , you'll also need to replace rear brackets, and the bumper supports. I've done the opposite, I've converted my 04 to 05+ look, and it required all the pieces necessary for that to happen (this is why I know this much about this topic :p ) .

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts