SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
6,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based on what JRL suggested a few months ago I got a 0 degrees rear toe allignment and the car finally behaves like a normal car. No more tail-jumping at highway speeds while turning and going over bumps. The car seems to stay planted to the road.

I also have about -2 rear camber, so that helps as well.

In summary, if you want to fix your wobbly tail, just set your rear toe to 0 degrees.

·
Registered
8,062 Posts

·
6,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey man... i wanna drive down to Tampa one of these days... I worked and lived there for a year back in 2007... need to visit old friends - we should have a meet!

·
Banned
1,698 Posts
I am going to have to do this to my car because I still have the side hop sometimes. It is not as bad as it was before I got it aligned to spec, but it is still bad.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have done it as well - 0 degrees and little issues; however, still have a 'floaty' from time to time....

·
Registered
292 Posts
hmm... i've never messed with toe/camber, is there a quick diy on it? my ass end slidesout when i hit a bump even at 45mph

·
6,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmm... i've never messed with toe/camber, is there a quick diy on it? my ass end slidesout when i hit a bump even at 45mph
Unfortunately I dont think you can do it yourself - it has to be done at an alignment shop.
If youre lowered then your negative camber is out of spec

·
Registered
148 Posts
Doing 55 over the Throgs Neck bridge, I stay in the center lane because I'm pretty sure one of these days the rear is going to hop 90 degrees and send me over the side.

Going into the shop this week though and all the "Soon" stuff in my sig will be installed. I'll make sure to have the alignment properly tuned to this as well.

Best part is labor is only about $1300 for new struts, springs, front and rear sways, lightweight pulley, all rear bushings, all spring seats, and Viva CBV upgrade INSTALLED, plus he's checking my timing (dealership might have set it off 1 click; judging on the serious loss of power after a timing belt change).. Alignment and SUM upgrade are included too... The parts are already paid for... Had half of them were laying around my bedroom waiting for a day to install them all.

I hope this is the beginning of the rest of my (caRs) life

·
Registered
292 Posts
Unfortunately I dont think you can do it yourself - it has to be done at an alignment shop.
If youre lowered then your negative camber is out of spec
ahh ok, well i need an allignment anyways after the pothole i hit that jacked up my rim. So is zero Toe not normal?

·
Registered
8,062 Posts
hey man... i wanna drive down to Tampa one of these days... I worked and lived there for a year back in 2007... need to visit old friends - we should have a meet!
Let me know when you are headed down and we can do our best to set up a little meeting of the R's. ClemsonS60R was the last SS member I was able to meet up with. :)

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?141722-Meeting-of-the-R-s-BPR

I have done it as well - 0 degrees and little issues; however, still have a 'floaty' from time to time....
Tires may have a lot to do with that. My rear used to feel pretty tight with my last few sets of tires, but my recent soft set make the rear feel a lot more drifty now but their total grip more than makes up for it.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Is this in addition to the updated rear bushings or without the updated rear bushings? My toe has been set to 0 since my first alignment, my rear tires are a couple psi less than the fronts, and I still get side hop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts