1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
664 Posts
I believe AWD and FWD are different because of the angle the shock is mounted at.

I would just reuse the old part unless it is badly corroded. If not just drop into your local parts store for an after market part. It is not a part with any significant performance characteristics like the shock.

BTW: When replacing the two mounting nuts clean them and be extremely careful not to cross thread them on the body studs.

·
Registered
2007 Volvo V50 T5 AWD M66
514 Posts
Nearly all the rear suspension components are different on an AWD and NOT compatible with parts from FWD models. Here is the part number for the OEM AWD mount. 30714395

Attachments

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh no dont show me that its much to expensive - agh* my wallet. lol but as is OEM. Local stores have one for ~$20 area but once again dont specify AWD or FWD. By the looks it seems the AWD is flat while the FWD is slightly slanted? I should DM Micheal.

·
Registered
2007 Volvo V50 T5 AWD M66
514 Posts
I have yet to see much for aftermarket support for AWD cars they're pretty uncommon. The front suspension is shared with Ford and Mazda. The AWD rear suspension is not. Neither IPD nor FCP Euro have aftermarket mounts. I believe replacement rubber can be acquired if your mount is still good.

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
Rockauto.com only has FWD options. Bummer.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Don't buy cheap aftermarket, it won't fit. The inset and angle is different. I have both at hand since I'm converting to AWD. Givwen the price of the AWD, I wouldn't replace them unless they are torn. There's not a high load on them as with the fronts. The ones I'm swapping in have 95K & look perfect - as in no stress cracks in the rubber portion. Clean & check what you have.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well an important part of being an adult is admitting when your wrong - the clunking noise ive been hearing was my spear milling around the trunk from not being fastened. So based on my finding i think i will just go with the shocks for now and do an inspection whilst im down there - im sure the rubber will be due to be replaced but from the sounds of it i would know if it was bad or not. Thanks for the help guys!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts