SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having just come from the mechanic, I am told I need rear shocks...front tie rods (inner and outer). I looked up any YouTube videos, found ones for S60, S80, XC90, etc. But none specific to my 2006 XC70. What models are IDENTICAL to my car? This way I can see if I want to tackle this myself.
Lastly, I only have hand tools. Would an electric impact driver work well enough to get one? I would like to go 'cheap' (ala Harbor Freight)...do the job and just have the tool around ....Not interested in doing much more with it....I'm old now...I get tired quickly.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Any P2 XC70 (2001-2007) should have the same setup for figuring out how to do the rear shocks. AWD V70s/S60s are probably similar enough too. The rear drive shafts make this a little more complicated than FWD vehicles.

For front tie rods, other than a slightly higher suspension on an XC70 vs V70/S60 there's no fundamental difference among any of the P2s. That's a fairly simple job with jack, jack stands, and a set of metric wrenches and sockets.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts