SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my V60 about a month ago now and had a few questions for those of you with more experience.

1. I'm lookin at intalling an IPD Rear Sway to tighten up the rear end and have recently watched the install video. My question is, can the sway bar be installed while the suspension is "loaded" or does it need to be unloaded for proper install? I have a four post lift in my garage and it would be a fast install if I didn't have to lift the rear end while on the lift. If not, is there a jack point somewhere in the center rear of the car that I could use to lift the rear while on the lift?

2. I like the sunglass pocket that Volvo created behind the center console but I find when cornering hard (every day!) that the glass come flying out of the pocket and either landing under my feet or in the passenger footwell. Any suggestions or creative ideas to keeping the glasses in place?

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
I picked up my V60 about a month ago now and had a few questions for those of you with more experience.

2. I like the sunglass pocket that Volvo created behind the center console but I find when cornering hard (every day!) that the glass come flying out of the pocket and either landing under my feet or in the passenger footwell. Any suggestions or creative ideas to keeping the glasses in place?
Why not just get the Sunglass Holder that replaces the grab handle? I have it in both my cars.

Quartz Headliner - 30740417 (This was the one I had in my 2012 S60RD and now in my wife's 2013 S60 T5 AWD)
Black Headliner - 31403479
Beige Healiner - 30715737 (though I don't think this was available in the US)

·
Registered
78 Posts
I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the change in handling when you install the rear IPD sway bar . I am considering this on mine. Keep us posted. thanks.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts

1. I'm lookin at intalling an IPD Rear Sway to tighten up the rear end and have recently watched the install video. My question is, can the sway bar be installed while the suspension is "loaded" or does it need to be unloaded for proper install? I have a four post lift in my garage and it would be a fast install if I didn't have to lift the rear end while on the lift. If not, is there a jack point somewhere in the center rear of the car that I could use to lift the rear while on the lift?

1- You would to jack up the car not only because IPD recommends you do it but also to get more space AND take off the wheels for easy access. You can use a floor jack right in the center. I used a piece of wood between the jack and the car for better fit. It is real easy once you get it all jacked and the wheels off.

2- Happens to me too so I stopped putting the glasses back there. I actually use the storage compartment under the arm rest. Another option is, of course, to get the sunglass holder that replaces the roof handle. IPD sells them.

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the change in handling when you install the rear IPD sway bar . I am considering this on mine. Keep us posted. thanks.
I added the IPD Rear Sway Bar to my V60RD and it completely tightened up the rear end feels; corners nice and flat with no noticeable body roll.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The sunglass holder that replaces the grab handle is the best option, I installed it after taking delivery of my V60 too, took only a few minutes and works perfectly ... I keep my cellphone in the central console behind the 'waterfall' ... hasn't gone flying yet :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input everyone. I'll definitely check out the additional sunglass holder. It sounds like I'm not the only one with the flying sunglass issue. :D

Bummer that the rear needs to be unloaded but at least there's a center jack point so I can still lift it. I'll definitely post my thought's on the handling difference once I have the sway installed.

·
Registered
11,927 Posts
Bummer that the rear needs to be unloaded but at least there's a center jack point so I can still lift it.
Isn't that easier since you have a lift? Just lift the car, not the tires/suspension.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Isn't that easier since you have a lift? Just lift the car, not the tires/suspension.
It's a four post lift which I use to store my other car so it's a drive on designed for stability. It does have a rolling jack tray between the running boards that I can use to place my jack and lift from the center which is what I'll end up doing. If it was ok to leave the suspension loaded it would mean a simple drive on, lift and start unbolting the rear sway.

·
Registered
12,707 Posts
I have been looking at lifts. If you don't mind my asking, which brand do you have? Install it yourself? Sorry for the OT. Thanks.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have been looking at lifts. If you don't mind my asking, which brand do you have? Install it yourself? Sorry for the OT. Thanks.
I selected Advantage Lifts (www.advantagelifts.us) after checking out a few different brands in person. It's a 9000lb lift but reality the frame is much beefier than anything I've seen and the hydraulics are actually 11,000 rated. Total price installed was $3,550 with extended aluminum ramps, jack tray, moving wheels and four drip trays.

·
Registered
11,927 Posts
It's a four post lift which I use to store my other car so it's a drive on designed for stability. It does have a rolling jack tray between the running boards that I can use to place my jack and lift from the center which is what I'll end up doing. If it was ok to leave the suspension loaded it would mean a simple drive on, lift and start unbolting the rear sway.
You can try it without lifting the car (unloading the suspension). It might be harder to do though (putting the new one on).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts