SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
It's standard on the Inscription models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
372 Posts
For Momentum, there are no integrated shades in 2nd row. You can get shades as an accessory but according to some members on the forum, they are not very good. Also, they are always in a fixed position and you have to manually remove the entire shade. It doesn't retract like it does in the Inscription. If you ask me, this should be standard equipment regardless of the trim. This is a hindsight error from Volvo. This is meant to be a family car so add the necessary family needed options (even if it is at an extra cost).

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
If you ask me, this should be standard equipment regardless of the trim. This is a hindsight error from Volvo. This is meant to be a family car so add the necessary family needed options (even if it is at an extra cost).

+1000!!!

This should be at least an option available on R-Design not just Inscription including the leather on dash/doors
:angryfire: :facepalm:

Volvo please give us more options to choose from to customize ours cars!
Some of these options make no sense only available on one trim & not others

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
If you ask me, this should be standard equipment regardless of the trim. This is a hindsight error from Volvo. This is meant to be a family car so add the necessary family needed options (even if it is at an extra cost).
The windows are already tinted in the U.S. - in my opinion there is no way that the sun shade is "necessary" for a family vehicle. Wild guess but I'd bet 95% of family vehicles in the U.S. did not come standard with retractable sun shades on the rear windows. Maybe it should be available as an option for all trim levels but I feel like demanding even that is a stretch.

This is also not a hindsight error, I think they very clearly made a decision to include the shades as an upgrade from the already wonderful standard feature set.

All that said the retractable shades are lovely and I'm really glad I have mine.

·
Registered
426 Posts
In my inscription (swiss market) they were bundled with the leather dashboard and door cover option (if I remember right). I would have ordered them anyway as the darkness of the rear glasses is not enough in very strong direct sunlight, a sunshade is then quite good (plus it stoves away nicely in the door, no searching, etc etc). Admittedly, we used them so far just a few times during the holidays in the south, but we used them :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
I wish they were standard in Australian inscription models but it's not and cannot be retrofitted either - I'm having a car without them as I don't want to custom order and wait till 2016

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Such simple solutions are definately a must for such a high end luxury family car, heck even the skoda superb has them!

Additionally volvo still does not provide a sunglass holder a-la VW group cars, this is unacceptable for a premium manufacturer let alone a brand which identifies itself as family oriented.:thumbdown:

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Such simple solutions are definately a must for such a high end luxury family car, heck even the skoda superb has them!

Additionally volvo still does not provide a sunglass holder a-la VW group cars, this is unacceptable for a premium manufacturer let alone a brand which identifies itself as family oriented.:thumbdown:
Seriously?! Volvo does have retractable sun shades, just not available on lower (the non-"high-end luxury")trim.

And now not having a sunglass holder is unacceptable? For a family oriented car specifically? I just....what? Anything else missing?

Personally I'm just scandalized that Volvo doesn't even offer 23" wheels on this family vehicle in 2015 I mean this is ridiculous.

·
Registered
426 Posts

Well in my inscription there is a drawer below the button for the rear door that seems to be made for glasses. I can fit two pair of glasses in it. Wasn't documented anywhere. On my XC60 I had it as an optional replacement for the handle over the driver left side.

·
Registered
170 Posts
The absence of the built-in sunshade is the only thing we feel is a bit disappointing with the Momentum. That feature alone made my wife really think about getting the Inscription instead. Ultimately, I just like the overall look of the Momentum so much more. But think about it, retractable sunshades are standard even on Kia Sorentos.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I agree - for whatever reason, those retractable rear sunshades are a must have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
372 Posts
The absence of the built-in sunshade is the only thing we feel is a bit disappointing with the Momentum. That feature alone made my wife really think about getting the Inscription instead. Ultimately, I just like the overall look of the Momentum so much more. But think about it, retractable sunshades are standard even on Kia Sorentos.
Same point I was trying to make earlier. Mainstream cheaper models have them and for the XC90 to not have them as even an option to me is a miss by Volvo. Like you, we like the Momentum better as well especially the black grill.

·
Registered
283 Posts
When we ordered our Momentum the rear sunblinds were listed as an option so you should have had the same option as well.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I don't believe that is true for the US market.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I don't believe that is true for the US market.
That is correct. In the US, we do not have that option. We have the crappy optional accessory that doesn't work well.:mad:

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Eh I'm with you guys I guess. I do wish the options were totally a la carte. The sunshades though are a perfect example of something I could give up if looking to save money on a cheaper trim and it's pretty extreme to get so harsh about their omission on lower trims. Momentum gets a ton of stuff standard and has almost everything available- you gotta give inscription something. Trim levels are kind of ridiculous but for the U.S. it's totally industry standard.

You can't get a regular cab, long-bed pickup truck (read:actual pickup truck) with the best options from anybody which drives me crazy but there you go.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
That is correct. In the US, we do not have that option. We have the crappy optional accessory that doesn't work well.:mad:
That's ridiculous yet again! Why do they do that?? Why not allow people the same choices :facepalm:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts