SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that have rear park assist, how do you like it? I was honestly very skeptical during the purchase process. It was the only option on the car that I really didn't care for(due to ruining the clean lines of the rear bumper, the cost, & the vibe that it gives off that the owner doesn't know how to reverse/drive).

However after almost 1 year of ownership, I actually really like it. I find myself backing up in my other cars and waiting to hear the beeps.
And having the sensors on a black car makes them much more stealthy. I wouldn't hesitate to order them again if available on one of my future cars.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Re: Rear Park Assist Owners (Itgb)

I had my doubts, too, but find it quite good. Whats more, its actually a very good safety device. I posted a question regarding an alarm sounding when I backed up in heavy rain and I was told that it has happened to at least one other R due to the water. However, JRL asked if it might have been due to a kid or a small dog, which it certainly could have been in another situation. If a kid were back there you are not going to see him/her. While its unlikely to happen, its not unheard of and wouldn't that ruin your day? I like having it.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Re: Rear Park Assist Owners (Shipmate)

I have them on an earlier car that we bought, so naturally I ordered them for the R too. There are just too many possibilities of small kids,dogs etc. running by when one is backing up.

So, having an extra helper is worth it, especially if it saves a life. http://********************/smile/emlove.gif

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
It's a must now on all of my cars. I have two small children and it's an extra safety feature and well worth the extra cost in my opinion.

·
Registered
79 Posts

holy poop!

you're over here now.

how's the 16v?

i kinda miss mine.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts

Rear park assist from the factory or dealer sucks. There was a bunch of blind spots the sensors never detected. I even hit a rock out at Nurburgring backing up in the parking lot.

I ended up having the body shop space them out defferently when they did the Evolve bumper. It's alright now, but I still use a lot of caution. I would feel a 100% percent confident if there was a back up camera, but I'll stick with the way I've done it for years before the invention...look in the mirrors and over the shoulder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts