SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took my 2018 XC60 R-Design in for it's 20,000 mile service and was surprised to learn I needed rear brake pads. The car has 18,500 miles on it. It is not driven hard by any means. Just curious if anyone else has had a similar experience.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Do you do a lot of city driving? stop and go kind of traffic?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I have never heard the rear brake pads change at such low mileage
Probably a problem with poor quality and wear too fast or the design flaw is too small for the weight of the vehicle

·
Registered
282 Posts
Just took my 2018 XC60 R-Design in for it's 20,000 mile service and was surprised to learn I needed rear brake pads. The car has 18,500 miles on it. It is not driven hard by any means. Just curious if anyone else has had a similar experience.
Do you use Pilot Assist, Adaptive Cruise and Auto handbrake?

I suspect any of these will contribute to the rear pad wear. I’ve only had my XC60 2 weeks and suspect the wear will be in this order because of all of the above functions.

·
Registered
19 Posts
In my experience this wear level is unusual. If you constantly brake very hard and late on each stop and drive mostly city and burbs then sure. I've always had about 25k + mileage, but I am gentle on brakes, slowing early.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah, that is very low miles. I recently had new front brake pads and rotors along with rear breaks changed at 29,000 miles. Not happy at all. I've had the same commute for the last 10 years and my previous SUV (QX60) had 100,000 miles on it before I traded it for a XC60 and I never changed any brake pads or rotors. My Suburban before that had 70,000 miles before I traded it. No new pads or rotors needed.... Volvo has clearly done a poor job designing the brakes on the XC60.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts