SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked under the rear of my S70 FWD, and I'm not sure where to place a floor jack and stands to work on the rear brakes.<p>What's the best way to get the rear of the car up on jack stands?<br>Or is it better to work on one side at a time?<p>Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Re: Rear jack points? (bw77)

Just in front of where the rear delta links connect there is a flat spot with a bolt going through it. Place jackstand there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Rear jack points? (heavyiron)

Thanks.<p>I also noticed 4 arrows embossed under the door sills. I would guess these are the points where a garage lift would be placed??? I wonder if these could be used as jack stand points, also, maybe with a piece of wood or rubber between jack stand and car. There is no mention of this in the owners manual<p><BR><BR>
<i>Modified by bw77 at 4:35 PM 4-27-2009</i>

·
Registered
547 Posts

If it is by the B pillar between the doors, that is where the factory screw jack mounts to a little bar.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Rear jack points? (heavyiron)

No, there are 2 arrows on each sill. Behind the front wheel, and ahead of the rear wheel. The spare tire jack lift point in between these, no arrow there.

·
Registered
13,968 Posts

I have never noticed the embossed arrows. I have always just used the spot that heavy described above.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts