SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went in today to have rattles fixed, blown amplifier replaced, front passenger door pocket rattle fixed and major update installed.

They either ordered or received the wrong amplifier so that wasn't fixed and as a result couldn't fix the door pocket (no sound to replicate it) and also didn't do the software update.

I honesty didn't care about any of those.....because the rear hatch rattle is fixed!!

It was so bad that going over a crack in the road made it sound like the rear door assembly was falling apart. Even on smooth road it sounded like the door was open.

They "replaced a seal and adjusted the latch" which fixed most of it but the tech said he still heard something. He took the panel off completely and "saw daylight on the other side of the door". He said it was obvious that the door had not been correctly assembled. Once he found the problem he said it was a easy fix of clipping everything in where it should be.

I was so nervous to go over a bump on the way home in fear of hearing the rattling. But I went over a few large potholes and metal bridge buffers and heard nothing.

It feels like I'm driving the car for the first time. It's amazing how quiet it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
541 Posts
Thanks goodness! I'm really happy for you! Now you can enjoy your car without the annoying rattle :)

·
Registered
3,683 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm really happy for you :) My guess is that I have the same problems. I will take mine for repairs in January due to the holidays. Hopefully they will be able to fix it quickly as well.

And thanks for the update!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah for anyone else with this problem I feel for you. It's all you think about while you drive. I obviously only know so much as to how they fixed it and did try to get as much detail as possible to pass along. I can let you know which Volvo fixed it if anyone wants to PM me. Maybe they could help your local tech.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Did the solve for the door pocket rattle/vibration? Any idea how?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Went in today to have rattles fixed, blown amplifier replaced, front passenger door pocket rattle fixed and major update installed.

They either ordered or received the wrong amplifier so that wasn't fixed and as a result couldn't fix the door pocket (no sound to replicate it) and also didn't do the software update.

I honesty didn't care about any of those.....because the rear hatch rattle is fixed!!

It was so bad that going over a crack in the road made it sound like the rear door assembly was falling apart. Even on smooth road it sounded like the door was open.

They "replaced a seal and adjusted the latch" which fixed most of it but the tech said he still heard something. He took the panel off completely and "saw daylight on the other side of the door". He said it was obvious that the door had not been correctly assembled. Once he found the problem he said it was a easy fix of clipping everything in where it should be.

I was so nervous to go over a bump on the way home in fear of hearing the rattling. But I went over a few large potholes and metal bridge buffers and heard nothing.

It feels like I'm driving the car for the first time. It's amazing how quiet it is.

If your service figures out a fix for the B&W door panel vibration please let us all know! Foam was put in my door twice in two different spots and it never fully solved it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hah, beat me to it
Because I also have a fried amplifier I have no sound so they couldn't diagnose the door pocket rattle. They ordered a new one but received the wrong part (or ordered the wrong part, who knows). The new amp should be in early next week and I'll be going back for the fix and let you guys all know immediately how it goes and will try top get a very detailed description of any fix they might come up with.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Because I also have a fried amplifier I have no sound so they couldn't diagnose the door pocket rattle. They ordered a new one but received the wrong part (or ordered the wrong part, who knows). The new amp should be in early next week and I'll be going back for the fix and let you guys all know immediately how it goes and will try top get a very detailed description of any fix they might come up with.
Thanks!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just got my car back. I only drove it from the dealer to my house (20 minutes) but it does seem like they significantly improved on the rattling door pocket. Although I believe I heard some vibrating it is something I can live with at this point given I was without sound for 2 weeks and my major rattle (rear hatch) is 100% fixed.

I asked how the tech fixed it and he wasn't available but the rep I said his notes explained that he got the fix directly from Volvo. So he didn't just try a few things to see what he could do. He was given instruction from Volvo which I would recommend anyone else with this issue mention to their dealer.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I just got my car back. I only drove it from the dealer to my house (20 minutes) but it does seem like they significantly improved on the rattling door pocket. Although I believe I heard some vibrating it is something I can live with at this point given I was without sound for 2 weeks and my major rattle (rear hatch) is 100% fixed.

I asked how the tech fixed it and he wasn't available but the rep I said his notes explained that he got the fix directly from Volvo. So he didn't just try a few things to see what he could do. He was given instruction from Volvo which I would recommend anyone else with this issue mention to their dealer.
It doesn't quite work that way. My dealer claims no info from Volvo.

What does your repair order say? Any new parts will be detailed and any work is ususlly briefly described.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts