SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 XC70 with factory Foglights in front, and after a little reading, aparently I have ONE in the rear. The button makes the drive side rear light REALLY BRIGHT. Has anyone rewired it so that BOTH lights have that capability?<p>Thanks.<br>

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Rear Foglight Mod ?? (Mika)

I know its supposed to be only one... what I want to know is if anyone ever tried to make it BOTH.<br>

·
Registered
16 Posts
Re: Rear Foglight Mod ?? (idlemind)

So your plan would be to have it so in dense fog people could not see when you are applying your brakes?

·
Registered
7,614 Posts
On my 960, the socket is there but filled with plastic, and the wires are there, hooked up and everything. It would just be a matter of dremeling out the plastic and putting a bulb in. Not sure if they still do that on the newer cars, but I might check on my V70 if I ever pull the taillights out.<p>I've kicked around the idea of jumpering that socket to the brake lights, so you light up the sky like a close encounter when you put your brakes on. The only reason I haven't done any of that is the prospect of cleaning plastic bits out of the inside of the taillight sounds like no fun at all.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Rear Foglight Mod ?? (wingdo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>wingdo</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So your plan would be to have it so in dense fog people could not see when you are applying your brakes?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>...must you? Really? The third brake light is plenty visible, and since better than 80% of cars on the road have no rear fog lights at all compounded with the fact that I'm in NYC and dense fogbanks are few and far between, I think I'll be fine. My plan is to have them both be the same and use them at my own discretion.<p>I'm very familiar with the 40+ car pile-ups elsewhere in the US and I'm pretty sure rear fog lights would not have made much difference.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (LloydDobler)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>LloydDobler</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">On my 960, the socket is there but filled with plastic, and the wires are there, hooked up and everything. It would just be a matter of dremeling out the plastic and putting a bulb in. Not sure if they still do that on the newer cars, but I might check on my V70 if I ever pull the taillights out.<p>I've kicked around the idea of jumpering that socket to the brake lights, so you light up the sky like a close encounter when you put your brakes on. The only reason I haven't done any of that is the prospect of cleaning plastic bits out of the inside of the taillight sounds like no fun at all.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Thats kinda what I was thinking... and the same downside came to mind... I suppose I could buy a set from the junk yard and see what happens... but it was more of an inquiry than a TO DO....<p>thanks.<p>

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: Rear Foglight Mod ?? (idlemind)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>idlemind</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I know its supposed to be only one... what I want to know is if anyone ever tried to make it BOTH.<br></TD></TR></TABLE><br>Yes, it's been done<U> <B>but DON'T you do it</B> </U>or you can have some really pissed off driver behind you!<br>I almost ran a Benz off the raod a couple of years ago, You have no idea how bright they are and how blinding and annoying it is to be behind someone who has it on in clear weather

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Rear Foglight Mod ?? (JRL)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>JRL</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><br>Yes, it's been done<U> <B>but DON'T you do it</B> </U>or you can have some really pissed off driver behind you!<br>I almost ran a Benz off the raod a couple of years ago, You have no idea how bright they are and how blinding and annoying it is to be behind someone who has it on in clear weather</TD></TR></TABLE><p>I figured as much, thanks.. I've seen how bright it is.. It would have basically been for backing the trailer into the driveway and stuff like that. But I understand.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts