SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know when this will be available? I put in an order for a T6 on Sat. The Dealer said they would input order on Monday and would see if it was going to be available (they did not seem to know). He said it was going to be factory installed (which differs from the brochure which seems to indicate it will be a dealer installed item). I was told mid to late February for a delivery date (dealer in NJ).

Has anyone seen the cargo net?? Is it worth $300??

·
Registered
77 Posts
Re: $300 Cargo Net vs. $35.50 Load-Securing Net (theman)

The $300 cargo net separates the rear cargo area from passenger seats similar to the Steel Cargo Organizer. If you want a net to tie down something to the cargo floor, you should look at the load-securing net instead.

http://www.xc90.com/details/accessories.shtml#INTERIOR

Load-Securing Net (Cargo Compartment Floor)
Color-coordinated net which prevents items from moving around in the cargo area. The net is installed flat on the cargo space floor and has a hook on every corner which attaches to lugs in the cargo floor. Cannot be used when third-row seats are folded up.
Suggested Retail Price: $35.50

·
Registered
123 Posts
Re: Rear Entertainment System (theman)

My local dealer has an available 3rd party DVD system now. It is a Rosen System, and according to the salesman is covered under Volvo warranty. It has a 6.8" screen, cordless headphones, etc.. The salesman could not tell me for sure where the DVD unit would be installed. They had a display set up in the dealership. Cost is $2400, which seems pretty high. http://********************/smile/emsmilep.gif

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: Rear Entertainment System (ernest-t)

quote:

My local dealer has an available 3rd party DVD system now. It is a Rosen System, and according to the salesman is covered under Volvo warranty. It has a 6.8" screen, cordless headphones, etc.. The salesman could not tell me for sure where the DVD unit would be installed. They had a display set up in the dealership. Cost is $2400, which seems pretty high. http://********************/smile/emsmilep.gif
That IS pretty high. An aftermarket system should not exceed (IMO) $1,900 installed. There is a possibility that they chose someone who is just expensive. Furthermore, I just don't see how that system is covered under the Volvo warranty. I would ask to see the manufacturer's warranty or I would stay away from this one, altogether.

BTW, does it have any jacks for games?

Yannis

·
Registered
123 Posts
Re: Rear Entertainment System (GrecianVolvo)

This system was available with VHS or DVD boxes. I did not see imputs for game controlers on the VHS box, but they may have been in the back. The smaller DVD box definitely had game inputs as both of my teenagers confirmed.

When you can buy portable DVD systems for under $500, and use them when you leave the vehicle, I'm surprised that anyone would pay close to $2000 to have a DVD system installed. I could see my kids fighting over a single system. I could buy each of them their own portable DVD player and still save money.

·
Registered
339 Posts

ernest-t:

No aftermarket products are covered by a Volvo Warranty. in fact, if it can be shown that a non-approved device was responsible for causing a fault, you will be on the hook to pay for it - not a warranty repair. do you really want this thing to be wired into your new car?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Re: Rear Entertainment System (mjbr24)

I had no real interest in the DVD system, but before we went to look at the XC90 we had test driven another SUV that had a DVD system installed. Naturally, the first thing my kids ask was where is the DVD system for the XC90, so the salesman had to show us the one they had available. I certainly believe that you are most likely correct that this system would not be covered under Volvo warranty, however the salesman was adamant that it was, and additionally that this particular system had been approved by Volvo for installation. This certainly would not be the first time a salesman did not have all the facts straight.

·
Registered
339 Posts

there is no approved DVD player to use in place of the volvo unit - i checked. you can have the volvo approved unit installed at the retailer after you take delivery.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.