SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
didnt have the c70 for a few weeks while it was at the body shop after getting rear ended. new bumper and muffler later as good as new:

pre:

was given free nissan altima rental during the wait (took 1 week extra just waiting for the backordered volvo oem pre-painted c70 bumper). have to admit the altima, while interior couldn't match, nor the engine match the shark tuned T5, the altima handled quite well - especially over poor pavement

·
Registered
642 Posts
Ouch! Happened to me last year, less than 6 months after I paid $500 for Same Day to touch up the dings the previous owner left in the bumper. I was terrified the top would be affected, but I had the top up, and damage was only bumper and muffler, too, so lucked out.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
yeah i had a couple tiny dings too from the previous owner and the exhaust tips were pretty dirty. so the car's rear end is actually nicer than when i bought it :).

the body shop also ordered brand new c70 and T5 emblems but asked if i wanted to leave them off since it looks so clean without them....leaving them off for now

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the pic i posted is the bumper unbadged (no "c70" or "t5"). the trunk lid's "v o l v o" is still there

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Had to wait a MONTH for a front bumper skin for our '11 a few years back! Glad yours has recovered nicely. Looks good! We are finally under 100 degrees for a few days...perfect weather for topless driving!!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
So glad to see it back ship shape!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yup, that's how it looks except mine's black with the pre-face lift round brake lights.

wow a whole month? the autobody shop said it was common to have to wait for parts for some imports. said our car's bumper covers come pre-painted so they had to find the exact color and hope it didn't get scratched during shipping. most other makes they just get a naked bumper cover and paint to match. they had to source mine from the east coast.... better than from sweden i guess

i do love how the shiny exhaust tips are now

Sorry, I meant the full rear. But I found this online, looks nice and clean.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Looks great!

My wife's C70 has been in the body shop 4 times in less than 2 years. A plumbing van backed into the front of her, I drove it into a curb and broke the lip, our neighbor backed into the front left corner, and finally I dented the same fender with the snow blower. Fortunately it always comes back looking good as new. This weekend I had the rear bumper cover off for my second (and finally successful) attempt to install parking sensors. I'm afraid I scratched it a bit when snapping it back into place, hoping she won't notice. She always does though.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i've thought about installing parking sensors too! wasn't really thinking and planning but should've asked the body shop to put the sensor in for me while the bumper cover was off.

is it a hard install? what brand/model did you use?

Looks great!

My wife's C70 has been in the body shop 4 times in less than 2 years. A plumbing van backed into the front of her, I drove it into a curb and broke the lip, our neighbor backed into the front left corner, and finally I dented the same fender with the snow blower. Fortunately it always comes back looking good as new. This weekend I had the rear bumper cover off for my second (and finally successful) attempt to install parking sensors. I'm afraid I scratched it a bit when snapping it back into place, hoping she won't notice. She always does though.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I know the feeling. Neighbor's granddaughter backed into wife's new 2014 XC90 when she was parked at her mothers out of the street by the way.

Dealer was great and the young girl's parents were lucky financially. A scuff or two on the front facia and a small bracket replaced underneath and we pick it back up today. They will cut us a check for the damage.

To the young girls' credit she did come to the door and tell us about it and gave us her parents number. Refreshing today to see that kind of responsible behavior.

Thanks,

Mike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts