SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She gave her life so I could walk away. 2001 V70 T5M Venetian Red , 282,000 miles, in really good shape. I was hoping for 500,000 miles...... Look for the parting out thread in the classifieds in the next few days.

On my way home tonight, I was rear ended by a lady in a cheap (you can fill in the blank) Kia. I was slowing for traffic ahead on the freeway, she never slowed down. The Kia looks so much worse then Candy does. I walked away, the other driver rode off in the ambulance.

Just venting right now, so I don't start to cry. This is the best car I have ever had, I like it even better then the 2011 Flex my wife drives......

Landru
2001 V70 T5M RIP
1998 V70 GLT
1996 850 Base (not running right now)
2011 Ford Flex

·
Registered
475 Posts
RIP. Thats ruff man. Hope your back on your feet soon.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Terrible...what's next?

·
Registered
7,614 Posts
I feel your pain, in March a Kia ran a red and took out my C70. Same feeling though, so glad to walk away. I do need a part or two for my V70, so I'll watch for the thread. Where are you located?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I hate to hear the news about the car but the good news is you were not hurt. If you want to see what might have happened if you were in something else, just take a peek at this regarding rear crash protection. Note how many "POOR" ratings there are on this particular model, and on the Volvo there are all green.

http://www.iihs.org/ratings/head_restraints/headrestraints.aspx?dodge

Here is the complete thread on the forum here
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?176020

I guess we can all agree you got what you paid for, (your life), and that is why I drive one too.

All the best to you in shopping for another one.

P

·
Registered
151 Posts
It's good that you are here to cry about it, talk about it, think about it...

Added value to your car, even if it is no longer road worthy.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Sorry to hear about the car! There are not enough T5M's around to be loosing any!

·
Super Moderator
3,794 Posts
Sorry to hear about the car! There are not enough T5M's around to be loosing any!
Ain't THAT the truth. And it's a WAGON! Makes me about ready to jump myself; I can imagine how the OP feels.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll Definately Miss Her

That car was something else. Candy was a very early production car, and was a Ford management car originally. I was very, very, lucky to find it, the dealer had taken it as a trade with 93,000 miles, and was going to send it to the auction after a couple of days on the lot. I found it in their on-line inventory, dashed over to drive it, and put down a deposit without talking to the wife. When I told he about the find, she was estatic, got me the more sporty car, and the station wagon she wanted me to have.

How I get to find a different T5M (or maybe even a R heh heh), but a 60, since she has the Flex.

Landru

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Well, I guess you're "not of the body" anymore!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I guess you're "not of the body" anymore!
I guess not..... Hopefully I'll be hanging out on teh S60 or R forums more.....

Landru
2001 V70 T5M RIP
1998 V70 GLT
2011 Ford Flex

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Since the only manuals are NA, T5 and R, good luck in your search. It may be some time before you post some pics of your new find.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Those early T5M's are such great cars. Nearly 250k on mine with the original clutch. Still drives like new.

Best of luck in your search for a replacement.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
She gave her life so I could walk away. 2001 V70 T5M Venetian Red , 282,000 miles, in really good shape. I was hoping for 500,000 miles...... Look for the parting out thread in the classifieds in the next few days.

On my way home tonight, I was rear ended by a lady in a cheap (you can fill in the blank) Kia. I was slowing for traffic ahead on the freeway, she never slowed down. The Kia looks so much worse then Candy does. I walked away, the other driver rode off in the ambulance.

Just venting right now, so I don't start to cry. This is the best car I have ever had, I like it even better then the 2011 Flex my wife drives......

Landru
2001 V70 T5M RIP
1998 V70 GLT
2011 Ford Flex
Man, sorry to read this but glad you are ok. I also think of the possibility that some idiot would hit my beloved T5 and total it but that is something that I cannot control so I try not to think about too much; at this age, it does not take a lot to total these cars.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Just goes to show all those safety aspects are no bull. SIPS and the IC sure help. Glad you are OK.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Sad to hear. I just went thru a total two weeks ago on a "perfect" XC70.

oz

1 - 16 of 16 Posts