SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a sad day but I got rear-ended at at a stop light this afternoon. Luckily, there wasn't heavy damage...just an outline of his license plate and a couple of small dime size dents on the bumper. I'm thinking about just forgetting about it. I am bummed.

·
Registered
69 Posts
that happened to me about a month ago. it sucked sooo bad then i got out of the car and looked at the damage and i was like thank godddd.. there was about a 3 inch crack in the bumper cover but i was expecting a lot worse, and even though an accident is never good its always nice when only one panel or part of a cart is damaged.

if you got rear ended, you have to go through his insurance and get it fixed. it may be a bit of a hassle but who cares. its the reason he pays insurance. i had a new bumper cover installed at my dealership and the whole process cost me 20 bucks becuase i wanted an upgrade from the kia optima that the insurance offered to pay for a rental.

the one good thing about getting my bumper hit, was that a week after it happened (thank god before i got it fixed) some a**hole, decided to park his car against my rear bumper leaving 4 scratch marks soo deep on my bumper that you saw black under the silver. needless to say if someone wasnt in the car behind his he would have needed new head lights

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (peter.v)

Yeah I definitely see your point about it being worth the hassle of getting fixed, but I think I'm going to let it go. I grew up in NY so I guess I've gotten used to getting these little fender benders from parallel parking in Manhattan. Maybe the good karma will make its way back around to one of us someday. At least I can stop stressing about getting that first dent!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Re: (Iamtheskier)

dealer schmealer. take a stick and jab at it. if nothing happens youre fine. if the seat suddenly collapses it was like that when you bought it.

no seriously take it to the dealer though. all sorts of mayhem could have occured.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Yeah I just noticed that the seatbacks are rocking back and forth, probably from the WHIPS. I'll have to take it to the dealer and ask them to give it a once over. Man, this is just spoiling my weekend. It's good to know the system works, at least.

Modified by vlv4life at 5:41 AM 3-12-2006

·
Registered
69 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Iamtheskier »
Be careful, the accident might have triggered whips without you even knowing. You should definitely have the dealer take a look at it.

i asked my service guy at the dealer about checking whips after a rear end collision he said thats only if your hit bad, which is usually lots of damage. who knows though, he was probably lazy./

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.