SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, hell! I was sitting still in traffic and got slammed from behind. The guy actually hit me twice, the second time as he was pulling around. Looks like i'll need rear bumper, trunk lid, lights, right quarter panel, and driver's seat, and some luck.
I was alone (thank God), and am pretty sore.
If they dont total my car, might there be any mechanical concerns that the appraiser may overlook?
I want to get it fixed since it hasn't had any problems and runs like a dream!
Any ideas for diminished value?

If they total it, I want another R!

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
First of I'm glad you're mostly ok. The soreness would have been alot worse if the seat didn't have the whiplash protection built in. Without pictures, it's hard to tell if its totaled. If either the C-pillar or the frame got bent, it may be totaled.

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Ummm you got that troll that hit you right?!?

Glad your good, but post up some photos!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll get some pictures with a friend's phone. My work equips us with what i think is the only smart pbone available without a camera (for security reasons).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, my posting permissions won't allow me to attach pictures (any attachments). damn!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
well, my posting permissions won't allow me to attach pictures (any attachments). damn!
You need to upload to a image hosting site like imageshack, photobucket etc and once you have direct link to your photo then put it >>>>>

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Th guy ripped the bumper when he hit me a second time puling around.

The door clearances are less on the bottom than the top, quarter panel or unit-body bent?

The right C-Pillar doesn't apear to be bent, but q-panel loks creased below it.

Thanks s140s for the help!

If it's totaled, I either want another R, or (really don't want the car note) '12 S4, '09 C63, or something more practical like an '09 BMW 550 sport from local dealer. haven't thought too much about it...but prefer the R. THe Impala LTZ rental is killing my back and it is such a let-down after driving an R for almost 3 years.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
When you are in Imageshack go to My Images then right click onto the image you want to post, click Share It and copy the Direct Link. Double check that you have your photos are set to Public, at least the ones You want us to see :p

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Let's see if this works...(i am not good with this internet stuff)

Thanks again s140s!

·
Registered
171 Posts
they are small pics but it doesn't look terrible, maybe a small crease in the pass side rear 1/4

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I had my bumper fixed, door replaced, and quarter panel replaced. It wasn't too bad, they shouldn't total it... If it's a close call, just work with a body shop that will do it for what they'll give you... Or if they give you a VERY generous offer on a "total" check, then take it and get a new one.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Oh man... looks like your new iPd oval exhaust was pushed forward hurting your iPd downpipe! Tisk, tisk. Better get that fixed! ;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The body shop just informed me that, after tearing it down and examining the real damage, the insurance company is going to total the car.

Shopping for another. since my neck and back are boogered up, i want another Volvo with heated seats...they are just so comfortable. now i have to try and find a good R.
(if the insurance doesn't cover the costs for the goodies i put on the R this year, i'm gonna take them off and leave them the old stuff in the trunk!)

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I can't believe they totalled that! It's a little worse than what happened to my wagon, but that was almost 5K in damage. Maybe the undercarriage/spare tire well got damaged in your impact and some rear suspension components were bent on side. Also, if it was a good 'one-sided' hit on the rear, it could've torqued the chassis. That sucks.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
If someone hit me I think I would be in jail. I would freak out and get myself arrested beating the person to a pulp. Sorry about your R.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts