SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
So my wife was in the S60R and ended up getting rear-ended by a guy in a Passat. Apparently he thought that stop signs were merely suggestive. It appears as though the only damage is to the rear bumper cover, and the car seems to drive just fine, but is there anything I should bring up to the inspector mechanical-wise to look at? Also, I'm trying to make lemonade out of this lemon and upgrade the rear to the sport bumper so that I can get a dual-exit exhaust. Any suggestions as to how I may go about this? I've been looking for part numbers and prices, and my dealership wasn't too helpful in those regards. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Bumper cover is the same on Aero and regular but then you have a choice of a regular lower valance or the sport one.

·
Registered
11,927 Posts
Hi,
So my wife was in the S60R and ended up getting rear-ended by a guy in a Passat. Apparently he thought that stop signs were merely suggestive. It appears as though the only damage is to the rear bumper cover, and the car seems to drive just fine, but is there anything I should bring up to the inspector mechanical-wise to look at? Also, I'm trying to make lemonade out of this lemon and upgrade the rear to the sport bumper so that I can get a dual-exit exhaust. Any suggestions as to how I may go about this? I've been looking for part numbers and prices, and my dealership wasn't too helpful in those regards. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance...
You want to check the front seats to make sure WHIPS didn't engage.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Making a dual exhaust is something else for that matter. For the 2005 rear bumper valances, you'll need to either custom cut, fill and sand it, or completely[URL="http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?162413-2004-VOLVO-S60R-SPORT-KIT-RIGHT-SIDE-EXHAUST-PANEL-190-Shipped-CONUS]cut out and epoxy in place with the 2004 CFWerks Panel[/URL].

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So is there a stored code for the WHIPS system? I purposely picked a body shop a mile away from my dealership to address concerns like this. Car is going in for the inspection tomorrow and I want to make sure it all gets taken care of since the other guy's insurance is paying for it. Thanks for all the tips so far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts