SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I need new bushings in my rear suspension. It wanders on the freeway and on some bumps I can hear a clunking noise coming from the right rear. How hard is it to install new ones? Some of the old bushings are missing half of the rubber. I was planning on installing a full urethane kit from IPD. Anyone have any experience with their bushings and how to go about installing them in the easiest manner? I have tools and knowledge and not afraid to rip the car apart and get my hands dirty. Thanks!

socalsean
1992 240 sedan

·
Registered
22 Posts
Re: Rear end shimmies (socalsean)

well the torque rod bushings are pretty easy. you'll need a press. i use a torch and burn them out then whack 'em with an air chisel. same for the panhard rod bushings. the trailing arm bushings require a special volvo tool and need to be done on the car. i have ipd polys all over my 245 race car and am happy with them. i used stock rubber bushings on our 85 245 grocery getter because they are less harsh. you will love the difference no matter what route you go. fcpgroton also has good prices.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Re: Rear end shimmies (shovelfxr)

Shop around at some of the online parts sources. See my links page under New Parts.

I only paid $35 for a set of poly torque rod bushings for my 240. MVP and IPD are around $90+ for the same bushings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts