SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my ipd rear end links. does anyone know how to install? sway bar is stock. any preloading concerns as for the front (otto's on order)?

thanks.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Re: Rear End Link Install (idiomaniak)

I just looked in Vadis and didn't see anything particular about removing or reinstalling that component. It's barely even touched on in the sway bar removal/reinstall and not mentioned in shock absorber replacement.

Sorry I can't offer anymore help.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Re: Rear End Link Install (T5 for Life)

Unbolt the old ones...

You'll need a Torx bit and wrench to hold the lock nuts (can't recall the sizes off the top of my head, maybe T-40 and 15mm).

Bolt the new ones on...

Real easy. Just takes a few minutes.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Rear End Link Install (jrgoffin)

Quote, originally posted by jrgoffin »
Unbolt the old ones...

You'll need a Torx bit and wrench to hold the lock nuts (can't recall the sizes off the top of my head, maybe T-40 and 15mm).

Bolt the new ones on...

Real easy. Just takes a few minutes.

thanks! do i need to jack the car up or can i do it on ramps? (asking because i'm ignorant and fronts require weight to be taken off the links, then preloading, blah blah blah)

·
Registered
416 Posts
It might be different for AWD, but when i did my rear end links, i put the back on jackstands and then unbolted the old ones and swapped for new ones, make sure you get a quality torx bit because i completely sheared my cheap one that i had the first time. What helped me was that i sprayed the bolts with some WD-40, let them soak for a while then take them off.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Re: Rear End Link Install (idiomaniak)

you'll need to jack the car up and put it on stands...then use the jack to raise or lower the shock in order to line up the mounting holes with the end link bolts. Plus, you can't really get in there effectively unless the tire is off. I think the jacking will be the most time consuming part of the whole process.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts