SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the tail lights are not a direct swap with the 05 bumper but I was wondering if I swapped the bumper and the tails would it be plug and play?

I was trying to dig up a post of that kid with the lambo wheels on the white T5 but I can not find it to ask. Anybody know?

-Thanks

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Eh if it is only the rear fogs thats not a big issue, what are they for anyhow? I think they were made to annoy other drivers lol

·
Super Moderator
15,166 Posts
The rear fogs are for when someone is riding your bumper. Turn them on, and they think you're riding your brakes and back away or pass. ;)

Here's that thread.

And here's his buddy's actual response on the matter. Shouldn't be too hard, I had originally thought it was just plug and play...

It's minor, but I just wanted to note that it's not an absolute straight swap.
I think we just had to clip the old connect off and either solder or splice the new connector on.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The rear fogs are for when someone is riding your bumper. Turn them on, and they think you're riding your brakes and back away or pass. ;)

Here's that thread.

And here's his buddy's actual response on the matter. Shouldn't be too hard, I had originally thought it was just plug and play...
Ahhh that post was oddly in the "oem r-design" thread, no wonder why I could not find it! Thanks! I wish somebody would post a write-up already on how to swap it. I could probably figure it out eventually but would be nice to have some guidance.

That is the only time I have used my rear fog, when people ride my bumper or have high-beams and are behind you....

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
It definitely required some rewiring. Nothing hard core, but I can't recall it off the top of my head. I can take a look through some old info and see if I've still got my notes from when my buddy and I rewired mine a few years back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts