SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATE - Rear doors not unlocking - fuse keeps blowing

Fronts unlock fine with remote as does the hatch. Select unlock from either front door has no effect either. I can hear the actuators. Manual mode ( window down to unlock lol ) for now.

Problem NOT solved. Blowing fuse each time I use the remote. Any ideas?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Think I found the issue. Child Lock Fault Service Required.

Took it for a spin and the rears didn't auto lock at the preset speed. Pressed the lockout button on console and the above message appeared.

Pain in the azz. Only the fronts function and the hatch won't lock. Grumble grumble kick rocks........

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Revived ---- Fuses keep blowing. Now I've lost the rear wiper. Put a new fuse in, hit the switch. POP. Same thing is now happening with the central locking fuse. Tailgate is now stuck shut. I think it's time to tear apart the rear end, get the hatch opened and see if the wires have been worn through. Aside from taking it to a shop, anyone know how to pop the hatch from inside?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
There is a key hole to manually open it with a key.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I don't think the VR's have the key cylinder in tailgate, like the SR's have in the trunk lid.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They don't :mad:

I don't want to tear into myself so I'm going to have a shop look into it.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I don't think the VR's have the key cylinder in tailgate, like the SR's have in the trunk lid.
Apparently they do if you got the factory third row seat. Otherwise, you are out of luck. I've taken the entire rear apart and never seen an emergency or bypass opener. Sorry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts