SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to get the rear door windows to roll all the way down? I do not have children and never have them in the car. I would like for the rears to go all the way down and not halfway down.

·
Registered
63,013 Posts
Re: Rear Door Windows... (ViriiGuy)

No way, shape of the doors, glass and regulators

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Yeah, I don't know how the meme got started that rear windows don't go all the way down for child safety, but I hear that everywhere.

They do it because the door is too small and the rear wheel is always in the way.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You would think that companies would simply push the rear wheel back from under the rear seat. It would after all be nice to have fully functional rear windows.

Especially in what is in essence a Luxury car.

Of coarse after I read JRL's response, I went and looked at the car.. it is rather obvious when you think about it, as to why the window won;t go down. But I to have always been told it was for child safety.

·
Administrator
12,713 Posts
Re: Rear Door Windows... (ViriiGuy)

My kids complain that the windows don't go down all the way like the XC90.

Too bad the shape of the door doesn't allow for it, as I'm sure there could have been a child safety mechanism on the regulatory that could have been removed.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Re: Rear Door Windows... ([email protected])

I think the thing is with most cars equipped with aircon today very few people ever drive with the windows down, especially the rear ones, so I guess they don't really bother trying to make the rear wheel further back.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will likely not have anyone in the back seat but a couple times... ever. But here it does not usually get warm enough for AC until later in July for the most part. So May-July, most folks have their windows open.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.