SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to figure out which part numbers to order without actually removing the speakers. Is it possible? Is it worth it to buy OEM or are there aftermarket equivalents out there? I'd ask in the audio forum but that's mostly aftermarket stuff.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I would Just go OEM due to the way the rear door speakers are integrated with the rear deck lid speakers. The drivers are actually 8 ohm drivers but ran in parallel to create a 4 ohm load on the factory amp. I am not familiar with many aftermarket 8 ohm car speakers. The factory speakers are not that bad anyways just need to get some Dynomat, ect. to reduce the rattles.
Looks like part number 9. there are two options though 100 watt and 50 watt depending on which factory amp you have (I know there are two versions for the factory amp one that puts out 50 watts a channel ad one that puts out 75)
http://www.tascaparts.com/auto-parts/2006/volvo/s60/r-trim/2-5l-l5-gas-engine/body-cat/sound-system-scat

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
I'd just get some used ones from Erie volvo. OEM is plug and play.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have to actually replace them? They're pretty tough.
They buzz pretty loudly with bass so I'm assuming they're blown. Looks like the best bet is to pull the door panel and get the number off them. I don't want to go down the aftermarket path. Even matching resistance doesn't mean they'd be any better or sound the same as the OEM ones. Maybe I'll get lucky and find that they're just rattling on something loose in there.

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Pull the door panel and actually look at them first. It's possible something's just buzzing from the bass. You could try dynamatting the door card, too.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok false alarm. Pulled one rear door panel. The freakin speaker wire loom was pressed across the face of the speaker, sandwiching it between the door panel and the cone! I moved that one and thought, wonder if the other side is the same way. Sure enough, the damn speaker wires were draped across the face of that speaker too! Moved them both and now I have super tight sweet non-buzzy bass again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts