SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been hearing a small buzzing/rattling noise on my passenger side rear door panel on my 2015.5 volvo s60 now. Any idea what could be causing it? I hear the rattle on the door on the side closest to the rear door (so the end of the door). I am not sure if this little rattle will warrant a trip to the dealer. I may be able to fix it myself if i know how to remove the rear door panel. Are there any instructions for it?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
There is a pretty notorious rattle in the B pillar on these cars. Are you sure its the door? I think instructions for the B pillar rattle are in the Pole Position thread.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Two screws under the arm rest near each other.

Then clips. 9 total pin/hole types around the sides and bottom. 4 more at the top
that are a different type. I'd say pop it off starting at the bottom and lift out
at the top. Of the 9, there is one just behind the handle and the rest are
around the perimeter.

There is a cable from door to the handle and the instructions indicate you squeeze the cable
ends together at the end that connects to the door (so the cable stays with the
panel). (I'll note I removed the front panel once and could not figure out how
to get that cable off.)

Source: alldatadiy.com instructions (just a couple images).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm. I was not able to see any screws anywhere on the panel. But I guess I'll check again. Are the pins and clips strong? Any risk of them breaking while prying the panel off?

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Screws are under the hand grip.

The clips on the front worked well and easily reused. Just popped off with a snap.
No broken parts when I did it. (I assume the rear is the same.)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok I finally got time to try to remove the panel. I was able to remove the clips but I was not able to push the panel up to remove it completely. I tried to inspect the panel while the panel was still hinged at the top. is it just a matter of pushing harder to get it to unseat from the window seam?

Also I checked the clips and could not notice anything loose in there. Are there any good socal (orange county) volvo dealers that are good with fixing rattles? any recommendation would be great.

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts