SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would throw this out for some input. Note: I have the Takspeed metal door pins and I plan on replacing them back with the OEM door pins since I think they are not safe for rear occupants.

My right rear door pin does not go up or down when I try to open it. The only way it opens is if I use pliers. It won't close either unless I push it down manually. It also makes noise when I press the door lock or unlock.

What part do I need to get this fixed? And do you have the part number as well? Or does it just need some oiling up to get this fixed?

My left rear sometimes gets stuck but I think it is just a result of the Takspeed door pins.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
It might be the pins, maybe the door lock actuators feels resistance and won't actuate up/down. I dont have the pins in the rear, as you can't see them really and on the outside you couldn't see them due to tint. Try removing it, no pin, and hit the lock and unlock.

If problem continues, sounds like a door lock actuator, and since your left sounds a little iffy too, looks like two. Go down to the salvage yard, it'll be a lot cheaper and they are usually reliable, don't hear it too often so a used one won't be a bad purchase. As far as replacement, they're pretty straight forward and not too difficult, just a little awkward.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I forgot to mention that I took the ring around the pin off on my right rear so there is nothing physically holding the pin from moving up or down. I woud think that it is the actuator myself (possibly from the pin's tight fitting over the years).

I also remember getting a relay message before from my intermittent left rear.

Tasca has something called a door check. Is this what I need?

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
How much does an actuator cost and how hard are they to replace? Mine is going out on my driver's door and I'm not sure the local dealership will replace it under warranty, particularly since it's intermittent.

·
Registered
11,927 Posts
Yeah your problem is definitely not your pins...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts