SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced my interior lights with LEDs but i noticed the rear dome lights stay on for a bit after everything else has shut off. When they stay on they're much dimmer then normal and do eventually turn all the way off.

on:

"off"

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
Maybe due to the fact that the power sent to dim the normal bulb is still more than an LED needs so it takes longer to consume it?

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Maybe due to the fact that the power sent to dim the normal bulb is still more than an LED needs so it takes longer to consume it?
This ^^^ is accurate. Most of the time, these dome lamps are on a circuit that includes a capacitor(inside our Body Control Module or BCM), so when the car is shut off and we go inside, the capacitor provides power for a few extra seconds until it runs out (hence why most of these lights fade to off slowly). The LED bulb requires less power for the same amount of light as a traditional bulb, so it eats the power from that capacitor slower and fades slower. My truck used to do this, and the Volvo still does to this date. After a half hour both would be completely dark though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This totally happened to me too. Have you changed your front dome lights to LED?? For some reason the car didn't like it when my rear were LED and the fronts were just regular. Once I changed all to LED, it worked great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts