SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am wondering about swapping rear disc brakes from a 1971 1800e into my 1967 1800.
I am wondering about the bolt pattern on the early vs late cars.

I have a nice set of early wheels and am wondering if it is possible to keep them?

Any ideas or suggestions?

thanks in advance for your help

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Most people who do the swap also swap the front hubs, which are a direct fit, and switch to wheels using the late model bolt pattern. The alternative is to put in a ford rear end with discs and the old 4.5" bolt pattern, but that is a lot of work. You could also just use adapters but they have to be at least 3/4" thick which will space your wheels out. If you have the fender clearance and don't mind a non-stock look that's another easy solution.

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Hi all, I am wondering about swapping rear disc brakes from a 1971 1800e into my 1967 1800.
I am wondering about the bolt pattern on the early vs late cars.

I have a nice set of early wheels and am wondering if it is possible to keep them?

Any ideas or suggestions?

thanks in advance for your help
Welcome to Swedespeed, Andy.

The original brake system for your '67 1800S is more than adequate for a street car once that system is brought to OE condition or better.

George Dill

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi I have a fully prepped t4 engine going in it, and a steering rack from swedish ops/unique suspensions,
the larger front discs that comes with may be enough to keep the drums in back, but wanted to upgrade them as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some people may not like the idea , but I had a machine shop remove and fill studs and then redrill and mount the studs in the early bolt pattern.
Guy at shop said he has done this with many other cars in the past. We had good metal all the way around , I will post pictures if I can figure out how.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts