SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 S60R, 2021 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two days ago I noticed a smell that was kind of like burning plastic but not exactly. I was hoping that I just ran a bag over but after looking around a few times no luck.

I noticed some wetness on the passenger rear side of my rear differential. The smell seems to be focused at the rear of the car.

Would a leaking diff smell? I need to get this fixed, what am I looking at money wise, ballpark? Looks like a pita of a job. Anything else this smrll could be?

Should I run in fwd mode until I fix it or that wont make a difference as the differential will be moving anyways. Doesnt look easy to top off.

Point me in the right direction fellow members!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
137 Posts
Rear diff leak

Mine leaked out of the right side seal. They are a challenge to get to so I took it to my local indy Volvo shop. total bill was around $450 being mostly labor:(

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine leaked out of the right side seal. They are a challenge to get to so I took it to my local indy Volvo shop. total bill was around $450 being mostly labor:(
Did you notice this because of a smell or what? I appreciate the response and mine seems to be leaking from the same spot...

I need to find a local independent shop

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do we have a vent on top of our differential?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts