SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you lock it in an upright position? It has two straps with a hook on either side to keep the panel from being pushed open too far but there's nothing to keep it from folding forward and closing on itself. This is annoying because when you hang grocery bags on the designated hooks, as soon as you accelerate the panel folds up on itself. There's nothing helpful in the user manual.

·
Registered
16,814 Posts
You might need to post a picture. I have hard side flaps that keep mine open on the 02 and 07 wagons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks for these posts -- I now realize my hinges have been broken this whole time. I thought the lid was just not designed to stay up and it was so bothersome that I rarely used this feature. Just now I was able to pop up one metal hinge with a large screwdriver and so one side works now, but the other side has broken plastic pieces in the hinge, thus also explaining why on mine the lid's little bar often pops out of that hinge. Now to see if the hinges can be found at a reasonable price ... anyone have a part number?

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You might need to post a picture. I have hard side flaps that keep mine open on the 02 and 07 wagons.

I have the hard side flaps but they don't offer any support. They just have straps with hooks that clip to metal posts on the floor to keep them open and I guess keep the lid from being over extended backwards. They offer no forward support.

Mine has 2 spring loaded hinges (one on each side) that keep the cover at 90 degrees. Maybe yours are loose or worn out?

View attachment 53713

Interesting. I'll have to check that.

I'll see about pictures tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so I looked this morning when I got to work and sure enough one of the hinges was popped out.

It feels much more sturdy now in the upright position. Not sure if it can sustain the weight of groceries hanging from it now but I guess we'll find out.

·
Registered
16,814 Posts
I think i have fallen completely asleep on this. I knew the little floor flap on the s60 but grocery hangers on the v?? Is there a pic in action someone can share?
Ok so I looked this morning when I got to work and sure enough one of the hinges was popped out.

It feels much more sturdy now in the upright position. Not sure if it can sustain the weight of groceries hanging from it now but I guess we'll find out.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There's 4 of these hooks you put the handles of your bags on to keep them from falling over and rolling around. They don't really hang but obviously if you accelerate they pull on them and the thing would fall forward.

Attachments

·
Registered
16,814 Posts
Ok!
There's 4 of these hooks you put the handles of your bags on to keep them from falling over and rolling around. They don't really hang but obviously if you accelerate they pull on them and the thing would fall forward.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts