SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 XC90 t6 awd. The rear tires are completely worn on the inside due to the camber of the rear wheels. The suspension feels decent. Before I replace tires, I'd like to get the camber back to normal. The height seems normal (doesn't look like the back is lowered). Is the compression of the suspension the only thing that effects camber? Do I need new springs, shocks, ect? Is there a kit or a way to adjust the camber directly?

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
Actually, rear inner wear is generally due to excessive rear toe-in, not camber. This can be adjusted, somewhat, or it may be due to worn bushings in a small link stay that goes from the chassis to the hub. Nivomats have nothing to do with it however, they are basically just shocks, with a variable spring function. Unless they've completely failed, allowing the suspension to collapse, they'll actually work in favor of holding the camber.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can see that it's the camber, clear as day. I'll get a picture tomorrow, but the rear wheels are noticeably leaning out at the bottoms.

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
Yep, I'm sure they do but some neg camber is normal, and inner wear is caused by track angle much more than camber angle. Have it checked out either way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts